1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

TP should be on sale for the next little while....

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have absolutely no idea on Chinas numbers and how many are directly due to this virus....

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But, but, evil Mongo, the media isn't throwing the number in my face daily and I was otherwise unaware or couldn't be bothered to care until they told me I should.

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Just ask experts on this forums, number is way higher than reported.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't disagree - now which number though? Underreporting all infected makes the death rate a whole lot less for example.

6. TWF2

Both

7. Venom51

Apparently no one is currently dying of any number of other illnesses that were happening before everyone started dying of the beerSARS.

Walter Hong and TXFZ1 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed - so which ones were more or less underreported and what do they actually show if ramped up to the real numbers?

9. TWF2

You can't compare then and now. Then it did not look good. Now it looks better.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

11. Venom51

Does it...or has the actual outcome just been delayed? I don't believe you'll ever know what would have been worse. The actual outbreak or the on going kick in the nuts to the people of this country and their personal economies.

418 likes this.
  12. TWF2

We will find out, than blame everybody for not doing it different. :)

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? If it infected 30 million and they had 100,000 die that is hugely different than their reporter 1,678,000 cases and 100,000 dead. If it infected only 1.7 million and 300,000 died that is hugely different on the other extreme. What does it matter when they were reported one way or the other? No one has said this isn't a contagious virus...

14. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The first thing a logical person would do is NOT run and hide

15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

56 million people globally died in 2017. That comes out to 150k+ per day in 2017.

Interestingly enough, between road injuries, homicide, drownings, conflict, fire, poisonings, terrorism and natural disasters there were approximately 2.3 million deaths. Of those 2.3 million, I would bet the vast majority of them did not wake up expecting to die the day they did.

https://ourworldindata.org/causes-of-death

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not waiting. :D

17. Venom51

I know. This has been a crock of shit from the get go.

Sabre699 and 418 like this.
  18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I quoted your post because it got me curious as to what info I could find quickly. I'm waiting for the 300 page threads in regards to the actions for the other high causes of death. :D

19. Venom51

It really does put a damper on the whole "every life is precious." argument from the he in the sky who cannot be named crowd.

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Life is prescious. You should live every moment of it to it’s fullest

Sabre699, galloway840 and Shocker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.