1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update. New cases of 1,751 declined compared to peak of 1,989 on 4/9/20.

upload_2020-4-10_12-40-35.png

upload_2020-4-10_12-41-53.png

dlafz1 likes this.
  2. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Wait a minute...

Didn't you just "Send the ol lady off to work this morning, and I gave my youngest child permission to take her new car to pick up her BFF to go shopping at Target" while you hide at home posting on the beeb. :)

Just messing with you. Stay safe regardless of where you are!!!

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Kiss it nappy you know what I meant.

ineedanap likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

There was a line at HD this am.
    50 customers inside max

so you could get infected by less people inside but by more outside in line

[​IMG]

Makes total sense to me

Attached Files:

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The Home Depots in my area are doing the same. I went the other day to pick up an online order around 5pm and there were a bunch of people in line waiting to get in. However, with my online pick up order, they had a table set up outside the entrance, gave them my order number and within 5 minutes I was back in my truck.

Fast forward to today and I went just after 10 and there was no line to get into the store. Avoid the peak hours and you can avoid standing in line. :)

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Man, I miss the tubs. They were lots of fun back in the day.

Of course, they made it easier to spread HIV, too. :(

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Minimal but technically yes they do.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is NYC really any more overtaxed than normal? They haven't had to use the ship hardly at all, they haven't had to ship less sever patients upstate. How much of the crisis there is bullshit?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What was much worse? The true infection numbers which drive down the death rate and hospitalization/severe case rate? Or the number of deaths and sever cases? Or both?

I think all their numbers are flat out wrong - but that doesn't actually show it to be worse or better or anything, just that what we can't use China to show anything - same for Italy. Hell, same for NYC when compared to even ATL or other cities, they're just not the same layout.

11. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Ian Fleming wrote about that...

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that newspaper on the left looks real credible. No one would have had any doubt if it weren't for the one on the right. :D

14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

The fact is people were dropping dead like flies in China, then in Italy. Anybody with any brain would take that as something serious, even if later turns to be less.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not really.
    If, as I have been saying, the data down the road shows that COVID-19 has a mortality rate similar to H1N1 (and it's starting
    to look like it may even be lower) and the basic reproduction number is in the same range, then we can compare what was done
    then (2009) to what is being done now and the results of each approach.

This shutdown is an experiment that has never been tried before, and it's a stupid experiment that is failing miserably
    with disastrous results for millions of workers and businessmen and the last thing that the people who championed this
    approach can afford is to admit that they trashed our economy for nothing.

galloway840 and baconologist like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People drop dead like flies in both countries all the time. Hell, people drop dead in the US to the tune of just under 7,800 people every single day of the year.

The number of dead people in China and Italy is not all that large in an of itself...

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The main purpose of the shutdown was to prevent an overloading of the healthcare system and probably cause the infection to come in waves rather than an all out attack, it likely did that fairly well. I use 'likely' because we'll never know for sure.

Learning from a first attack and applying it to the 2nd wave and other waves isn't a bad idea.

BTW, the Sweden-Norway death to population ratio, for what it is worth, is 4 to 1.

18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

There is big difference between people dropping dead daily from known reasons and people start to drop dead from new reason with unknown result.
    Chinese ignored it at first and where that got them? Others reacted based on it and here we are.
    I am not saying any of ways to deal with it is good or bad, just that decisions made were based on information they had. Statistics are used for that. It is easy to look back later and see what could have been done different.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not if you had to sell your retinas to afford toilet paper. :Poke:

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And it took a year. He was 13 when he died the first time and 14 the second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.