1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No "swelling" allowed. That's a different hot tub. NTTAWWT.

2. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Yeah... forgot my quotes lol.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sure. :crackup:

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Friend's sister in PA got exposed at work and was monitoring at home. We told her to get a blood O2 finger sensor and watch it. After ~2 days it dropped into the 60% range and she just got dropped off at the local hospital. Luckily her sister (same household) is not showing symptoms.

Jed likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How do you pick that control state, though? Results might be quite different depending on whether you choose New York or North Dakota, for instance.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah...that would be part of my concern about accuracy. My immediate inclination however is to pick those people in that place as the control. Could be the most helpful to the country.

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

60% O2 level would likely be unconscious.

From Wiki

SaO2 Effect
    95% and above No evidence of impairment
    80% and less Impaired mental function on average
    75% and less Loss of consciousness on average
    Healthy individuals at sea level usually exhibit oxygen saturation values between 96% and 99%, and should be above 94%. At 1,600 meters' altitude (about one mile high) oxygen saturation should be above 92%.[10]

An SaO2 (arterial oxygen saturation) value below 90% causes hypoxia (which can also be caused by anemia). Hypoxia due to low SaO2 is indicated by cyanosis, but oxygen saturation does not directly reflect tissue oxygenation. The affinity of hemoglobin to oxygen may impair or enhance oxygen release at the tissue level. Oxygen is more readily released to the tissues (i.e., hemoglobin has a lower affinity for oxygen) when pH is decreased, body temperature is increased, arterial partial pressure of carbon dioxide (PaCO2) is increased, and 2,3-DPG levels (a byproduct of glucose metabolism also found in stored blood products) are increased. When the hemoglobin has greater affinity

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That's way the fuck down there, about like being at 21,000 feet.

[​IMG]

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Serious question - why in the world would he post their names for you? I can verify his wife is indeed a doc. They definitely have friends who are docs. He deals with docs as a part of business.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Science has not revealed anything about a specific date for the first infection in the US - only the first tested positive. Science has no idea what the infection rate is in the US - only the tested positives.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I don't have to prove anything, the ones who claim it made a difference need to back that up with facts.
    With the same death ratio and contagion factor as H1N1, and we know how that turned out, why would
    this virus have been any different? Correlation isn't causation. They predicted a disaster that was never
    going to happen and now that it hasn't happened they claim they stopped it from happening. They need to
    prove that claim.

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Why would they have to prove anything when most people believe.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Remember when disease was caused by too much blood?

Bring on the leeches! Hey, all the medieval doctors in the world can’t be wrong!

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Flu season is 7 months or so if it helps any... :D

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Science has inferred something beyond nothing regarding origin and about transmission parameters.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

(I look forward to your response after checking the article for 15 seconds. Maybe, in addition to what it does say, you will note what it doesn't say.)

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If inferences were evidence...

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You should stick to electrons because that is twice in one morning you flunk scientific method.

19. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Wow

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It says they think it started in Wuhan in Nov/Dec of last year. It doesn't say a lot of stuff depending on what you're looking for...

Not sure what in that article negates what I posted. They think they know the first case here but they're not sure, they can't be since not everyone was tested until it was pretty full blown in China.

Bugslayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.