1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultrasonic Cleaners?

Discussion in 'General' started by j cal, Apr 7, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

This one works really good with simple green and water or dawn and water. But like a few have said above it's not quite big enough depending on what you are trying to clean

[​IMG]

j cal likes this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

With as much non-sensical shit I usually spew...I have to actually occasionally provide some useful info. Otherwise I might loose my Beeb License to Post...

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You’re still jeopardy :Poke:

ChemGuy likes this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Again simple green can be bad for Al. The occasional wipe down, meh not so much. But soaking for hours, or days if you forget and leave it in..., Use the Aircraft version. Its safe for AL and other 'exotic' materials.

https://simplegreen.com/industrial/products/extreme-aircraft-precision-cleaner/

SpeedyE and grasshopper like this.
  5. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Unless you go full retard like Clarence I think you'll be fine :crackup:

ChemGuy likes this.
  6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Clarence didn’t go full Retard , Clarence went full Clarence which is way beyond Retard

Bruce likes this.
  8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the info. I can't remember where I found the recipe that I use, but I'll replace it with something less caustic to aluminum. I'll see if I can find the Airplane Simple Green as that seems the easiest.

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

We use the Hornady one for AR15 upper in our shop. Cleans all gun parts. All bike parts and it has a separate bin for me to put the jewelry in to keep away from the other stuff and can go at the same time. Gets up to 140 degrees. Been using it for 2 years almost daily and not a problem. Other nice thing is it has a drain on the side.

j cal and Triple X like this.
  10. I wouldn’t insult mentally handicapped, they are way more intelligent than Him.

motoracer1100 and Bruce like this.
  11. Damn. I thought that was my hidden secret. They sell it at my local airport and one of the guys I know who flys swears by it so I tried it. Just did a carb in my cheap HF one. It does what I need it to do.

12. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Works pretty well. Had it for years.

13. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Only thing about the horrible freight one is you can't just leave it turned on. I want to be able to set it for like 20 minutes, but instead I have to come back and restart it.

14. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

This is the one I have, it looks like all the Amazon/eBay ones are clones of each other: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBDUM74/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_qjjKEb18DP3ZM

Has anyone tried the aluminum foil test with one of these? I tried it with mine and after 30 minutes the foil only had a few pinholes.

It looks like all six transducers are working, any recommendations on how I should be using this thing? I use this solution and dilute it with regular tap water https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012GQOBM8/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_QrjKEbFJ5297X

I tried cleaning some sprockets that had a fair amount of crud built up on them but the results weren't all that impressive. I left them in the tank for about 30 minutes and there was still a good amount of old chain lube stuck to them. Maybe my expectations aren't realistic or I'm just using it wrong.

15. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Get an old toothbrush and give them a good scrub in-between runs. Elbow grease is still required often times.

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You should clean all the obvious crap off before you put stuff in, don't just throw things in with easy to clean off dirt on it. I use mine mainly for carbs but I still give the outside a quick cleaning before I put them in.

17. speedluvn

Anyone clean their guns in them? Can you clean blued guns or do the cleaner remove the blueing?
    I plan to clean some stainless steel pieces.

18. speedluvn

I picked up the harbor freight cleaner and just cleaned my first revolver and damn if it didn’t clean the dirt, residue from the front of the cylinder. I’m impressed!
    I picked up some pine sol and mixed it with water.

j cal likes this.
  19. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Which model do you use?

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Triple X likes this.