1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Well to be fair you need to give it another 9 months. :)

SundaySocial likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No. The epidemic is at most a month behind the normal flu season and probably not even that. They're working
    desperately to keep the numbers up now to maintain the panic. And now we have the "second wave" bullshit and
    "possible" heart damage and people can "maybe" spread it after they get well, and, and, and...

3. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

South Korea
    Sweden
    Belarus
    (Any others I missed?

No lockdown. Also no piles of bodies...

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

If in fact, all arguments are moot, then any and all decisions and actions taken are also moot and should be made null and void and letting things go back to the way they were prior. You say they are moot but yet somehow good enough to be held in place until more info and data can be obtained.
    I don’t see how anyone can correlate the two.

6. In Your Corner

So far, everyone I know personally who is still in favor of the shutdown still has a job and no financial worries.

DmanSlam, MUFC1878 and Banditracer like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Funny to see the subtle walking back that is already occurring here.
    Compartmentalizing in order to justify your over reactions.
    It’s a good thing the economy is in the shitter though, you saved hundreds of lives.
    Heros

Fonda Dix and 418 like this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The decisions made today are based on current evidence. Whether it's the correct action can't be judged until there's enough data to know if the decisions were correct.

On a completely different front that concerns me is the damage to heart and lungs that some patients are exhibiting after recovery. I don't think there's enough evidence to correlate the two but if it's true then that's going to have a long term effect on mortality for patients with a severe enough case to cause the damage.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Of all the post you regularly ignore, you should have done the same with this.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No lives have ever been saved.....only extended.

Banditracer likes this.
  11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

So in your opinion does that mean no life has ever been saved? Doctors/first responders/firefighters only extend lives and it's not a big deal?

12. In Your Corner

We spotted a deer ahead of us on the highway and swerved off the road into a tree to avoid the deer. The car is now on fire, can't
    we at least get out of the car now? The deer seems to have wandered off the roadway.

G 97 likes this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Yes, but you can't say every deer in the road causes you to swerve into a tree and catch fire.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

He's our resident Nihilist. "Standing on a beach with a gun in my hand..."

:D

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm just pointing out that the english language is used incorrectly in certain cases were it makes people feel better to state something one way rather than another.

418 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

The recent decisions were made with incomplete and inadequate data and information. Yet it was deemed sufficient enough to make the decisions.

But now, the same level of incomplete data and information is somehow not accurate enough or sufficient enough to make further decisions regarding lifting the shutdown. So, incomplete information is deemed adequate in order to make some decisions but at the same time it’s not adequate to make other decisions.

As a result, It’s not the data that dictates, it’s the decision that is being made that dictates. It’s the definition of a knee jerk reaction.

418 likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

How very disapsisesque of you. :D

18. In Your Corner

Fauci is now saying the death count will be right where I've been saying all along it would be, about 60,000.
    The same as a bad flu season.

19. pushystone

pushystone Well-Known Member

czech republic has had a fairly controlled 'outbreak'

20. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

So you're saying everyone staying at home did nothing?

Beeb science wins again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.