COVID-19 Info and Statistics only thread

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Apr 2, 2020.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

We bought a breathalyzer for when we are out partying and when we had friends over for pool days in ths summer.

I've only been over. 2 a couple times and when I was the only place I was going was to the couch or bed.

My buddies fiance was over .3 once and 2 of us carried her to the couch. She was there until almost lunch the next day

My pool parties were a lot of fun when we were younger.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I knew a guy in the Navy in 88-92. Knew this guy over 4 years... saw him eat solid food precisely once: a can of vienna sausages.

One night there was a fight in the barracks. He was trying to break it up, but when the SPs arrived, he was mouthy, but appeared sober, however he smelled strongly of alcohol, so they did a breathalyzer on him. Three times. The machine couldn't register more than a .5. Dude was 5 times the limit, at a level that should have rendered him comatose, and he seemed to be sober.

Scary part is, I had seen him too drunk to climb stairs without crawling. :eek:

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They're not getting the numbers they predicted so they're desperately searching for ways to pad the count.
    Almost nobody dies from Covid-19, they die of other things, usually pneumonia. Out of the 30K deaths the
    CDC attributed to the flu a few years back, only 18 were actually due to the flu alone. Covid-19 is the same
    way, it's pneumonia and/or comorbidities that cause death. The CDC just sent out a memo with a new code
    allowing basically any death that could possibly be Covid-19 related to be coded as a Covid death.

baconologist, brex and sdg like this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

brex, 969 and sdg like this.
  6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Just wow! This is what happens when information garnered from obsessive keyboard searching, reading and research are completely absence of clinical knowledge and experience, common sense and understanding.
    The virus most often enters begins and grows in your nose, your immune system may be enough to deal with this and if everything remains in your upper respiratory tract your probably good to go, maybe fever and dry cough, if you even have any symptoms at all. For the vast majority that's about as bad as it gets.If however it gets lower and makes it down to your lungs and alveoli, it can become a pneumonia. Pneumonia is when your alveoli become inflamed and get filled up with fluid, pus, and other types of crap. This can happen in one or both of your lungs, and its happening because they (lungs) are infected with SARS-CoV2. Doesn't matter if you're 16, 35 or 80, you're proper fucked. You may still make it but...

But hey, that's OK, you don't get it, you'll never get it. I've got to hand it to you, you're one bat-shit crazy motherfucker.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What is you boof it? Will you just become immune?

Sorry... couldn't resist.

baconologist likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

Unfortunately, I got that info from the CDC but you go on with your bad self.

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"nasty bitch"

[​IMG]

auminer likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

But you do realize how this is a lose/lose argument with alot of people right?

If the numbers end up being less than projected its not because they are the result of social distancing measures working, it's in spite of them and they were a waste of time.
    If the numbers were higher than projected its because not enough was done to contain the spread.

tony 340 likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

Don't worry, the numbers won't be higher. That should be obvious at this point.

13. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

It's running rampant in a care facility a few blocks from my house. 3 weeks since their first infection 12 people have died

14. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Another Urgent Read for Small Business Owners/Managers - Economic Injury Disaster Advance. Not concerned if it's re-posted, this is something that can be a tremendous help to many people.

15. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

16. In Your Corner

A facility full of old sick people? That doesn't make it a superbug.

17. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be a hoot if after all of this, they find out that your risk to die is higher riding a gixxer than from dying from covid19?

18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

They already have that covered. Around the beginning of March they were already saying that if the staying home, social distancing, and closing business work, Y'ALL will be bitching there was no need for all that stuff, but it worked BECAUSE of that stuff.

Bases covered from the get go

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sitting at home this evening and did a 2 min round of "pandemic" stats on the Googles.

From WHO Situation report #83 4-12-20 at 10am CET

Reporting Country Total confirmed Total confirmed
    Territory/Area† cases new cases Total deaths Total new deaths
    United States of America 492881 31606 18516 1920

And to put this into perspective....2017 CDC data for Cause of Death and # of Deaths per year.....
    Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
    • Heart disease: 647,457
    • Cancer: 599,108
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    • Diabetes: 83,564
    • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
    • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
    Right Now Covid 19 deaths arent even in the top 15....

Full CDC report here
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr68/nvsr68_09-508.pdf

So if were are doing trillions in econiomc damage for ~18,000 deaths...we should basically never be allowed to see the sun due to Heart Disease and Cancer? Am I right?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

if you could catch heart disease or cancer from someone breathing/coughing/sneezing next to you I'd definitely be a bit more of a shut in.....or a hermit at least :)

pscook likes this.