1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If nothing else, All this time.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With all the "extra" time sitting around it's a good time to discover some new music and maybe buy a CD, download or whatever.

So, you all have any new bands to recommend or older ones you've just found and want to get the word out on?

Amyl and the Sniffers - Aussie punk/ pub rock that sounds (to me) like a stripped down AC/DC with a chick singer (and some really bad haircuts).

Menzingers - been around for awhile but I just found them. Sounds like 90s alternative to me. Out of the Scranton area of PA and worth a listen.

Bad Cop/ Bad Cop - An all chick punk rock band with a feminist propensity and a gravel voiced lead singer. I dig 'em.

Propagandhi - not new to me and I've yapped on about them but the best band playing music today. Far left lyrics but freakin' awesome.

Another one I constantly yap on about endlessly is Trampled by Turtles. - Bluegrass but insane how great these guys are.

What 'cha got?

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Deadstring Brothers. Sao Paulo and the song Rollin Blues live on KEXP

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Only station I listen to is our local public radio station which is pretty damn good. Some of the bands I've gleaned recently (old and new):

Villa Mure
    Twin Sister Radio
    The Modern Lovers
    Truckfighters
    Sebadoh
    Dirty Rugs
    C2 & The Brothers Reed

cpettit likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nothing new, but last night I went on a rampage with The Prodigy and Crystal Method.

tony 340, Brian_J and Bloodhound like this.
  5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Rag'n'Bone Man, blues/soul singer.

6. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

KEXP and the Tiny Desk series have turned me onto a bunch of great acts.

Love Propagandhi... Dislocated my knee at a Guttermouth show once.

Truckfighters - Swedish repetitive riff rock. Recently got to see them on their last pre-pandemic tour. Worth the risk.

All Them Witches - Cannot say enough good things about these guys. They are like if classic rock had never left us for the glam metal 80s with some jam band grungy metalesque vibes thrown in.

Desert Sessions 11 & 12 - Textured and diverse, yet it can be listened to all the way through.

Sturgill Simpson’s Sound and Fury - First caught wind of him after his In Bloom cover but the Netflix special along with the traditional honky tonk p/funk aesthetic are executed so well. Also braved his recent pre-pandemic show. Which while worth the risk, I do admit my clothes and shoes stayed on the back porch for a week afterwards.

Valley of the Sun - They opened for the Truckfighters and the singer’s vocals are a Temple of the Dog era kind of soothing.

Wingnut and Tj Hunter like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

CD? :crackup:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Glim Spanky
    Nora en Pure

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

8 track.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Marcus king goodbye Carolina

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Been listening to some Greta Von Fleet which is very Zeppelinish to me.

Kyuss for the older, heavy desert stoner sound out in the garage. The whole Welcome to Sky Valley flows really well.

Wingnut likes this.
  13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

TCM is a daily binge for me already with Vegas, Tweekend and Legion of Boom... Drive is my workout/cycling music.

14. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Tyler Childers, Billy Strings, and Mandolin Orange have been on my list lately

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    OGs750 likes this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'm listening to loud stuff lately. While surfing through classic Boston bands, I came across The Last Rat by The Neighborhoods. It's a live set from the last night in 1992 that The Rat in Kenmore Square was open, with special guest appearance by Brad Whitford of Aerosmith. Worth a listen.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Pink Floyd Sheep

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Hi Jivers, they do bluesy stuff mostly, a trio of guys with a woman singer with a smokey voice I love and the guitarist is fucking awesome. I posted a few of their videos in the Utube thread, quite a while ago now.

18. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

The Venomous Pinks!! All chic 3 piece punk band from Arizona.

19. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I ran across this band called Belmont that I’m digging.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That new Public Enemy tho. Born Woke is hard af. Man I dunno how those guys keep the sound.