1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I never said we weren’t preforming now. I said it could be a huge deal for a facility. You’re just making stuff up as you go.

tony 340 likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm not sure exactly what I've lost yet, as the real estate market hasn't digested this yet... but, that said, I wish I was in your shoes. :(

Still, happy that I'm in better shape than most. Sad I still get to pick up the tab for their irresponsibility, but any further is dungeon.

speeddaddy likes this.
  3. auminer

You don't live in a bubble. The economic ruin this has wrought will affect you.

Good that you actually DO something, though. Curious to see how many made-up bullshit jobs go buh-bye. (Like mine! :D Though mine's actually dogshit)

People will always need juice for their widgets.

4. auminer

Wait til it's over to backtrack the bullshit. We could get there still... this is MURRICUH!!!!

The pres of PI was on TV saying that if you violate stay at home, WE WILL SHOOT YOU DEAD. Italian police are arresting mofos right & left.

Americans won't put up with that bullshit. @Fonda Dix & them will escalate if necessary!

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh without question it will affect me.

I’m simply not going to concern myself with the losses of others, I have my own well-being and children to worry about.

Nor will I piss and moan if cleaning up dogshit to put food on the table is what I need to do.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. auminer

This just pisses me off. And, yeah, it's a repost because it's relevant to both threads. I'll kiss a gnomes ass if necessary.

Some perspective on how this is gutting the labor market.

[​IMG]

gixxernaut likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I await the plan to "flatten the curve" on that.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Widespread starvation should do it

9. A coworker of mine lives in Cyprus. They have a curfew from 9pm-6am. Nobody is allowed aside their home, for any reason.

Aside from that, the only way you can leave home is with permission. There is a network setup that you send a text message to, with your reasoning. Someone will respond either granting or denying your request.

Then when you leave home, you have to carry your Passport with you, along with your phone (to show them your “permission text”), and your path had damn well better coincide with your permissions.

Like if you had permission to go to the pharmacy, and you get stopped (which damn near everyone will), you better be on the route from your house to the pharmacy.

But of course, it’s much easier to implement and enforce things like that when you are a small island country with only a little over 1mil people.

10. Venom51

And just like that everywhere is the U.S.S.R.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

U.S.S.R.?

You have your analogy all wrong.

Sounds more like being of Asian decent in mid-December 1941....

Steve H likes this.
  12. auminer

Ohsnap

Cracks me up to hear people bitch about their ""rights being taken away""...

Sweetie... If they can be taken away, they were ""privileges"" all along.

sheepofblue and Shocker like this.
  13. Venom51

Yeah...that too. Although if I remember correctly "camping" was involved.

14. Venom51

"It has killed 10,000 Americans, sent 213,000 to the hospital, and sickened 50 million -- a sixth of the population."

"Sadly, there were nearly 10,000 deaths: 1,100 in children and 7,500 among young adults," CDC Director Thomas R. Frieden, MD,

Anyone want to guess what that's describing?

Second question...

Anyone want to guess if we shut down the world for that one?

15. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

So you are comparing numbers from the entire lifecycle of something compared to the first 93 days of the other one? Wait until this has run it's course and than you will have apples to apples.

tony 340 likes this.
  16. Venom51

No...I'm comparing the reaction. They had no idication of what was going to happen when that event happened either.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Again, this is ongoing. It's started in the big cities and it won't, by any means, miss the corn fielders, it'll just take a while longer to get there...

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Welp.....as long as it was her living room then all's well.

19. No f ing shit. Wait until the hospitals are at capacity. The deaths / mil are on a steady climb. Trust me I’m hit pretty hard by this whole thing as well but also not going to ignore it and assume it will go away. I’ll do my part to keep it contained. We were outdoors today, played tennis, rode around country club, fished but within the rules and used common sense.

Steve H and Gorilla George like this.
  20. I absolutely HATE being told what to do, by anyone or anything. Like I said before, it even pisses me off when my phone tells me I must enter the code.

I damn sure don’t want the govt telling me I MUST stay home, or telling businesses they MUST close, or shutting down activities.

But you touched on the reason why they have to...common sense.

We’ve all seen the pictures of thousands of people on the beach at Spring Break, idiots gathered in churches, dumbasses intentionally coughing on people in public, etc.

The rules have to cater to the lowest denominator or weakest link. If everyone showed the same common sense, or even respect, we’d be fine.

But they won’t. So here we are...

scottn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.