1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How bout some bike related news?

Discussion in 'General' started by thrak410, Apr 4, 2020.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Newyork likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It makes sense, looks like it should work.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sounds like a floating link brake.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

"Browses article, looks for Eriks name..."

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Without trying it, who knows. But I can think of times when this design would be a problem. Turns that are high speed but require a little braking on entry to "set the front" by diving a little otherwise without that front end compressed on turn in, you won't finish the corner. Another is what happens when the initial hard braking is on bumps? Front end goes airborne?
    Just thinking out loud here. A lot times the front end needs compression on turn-in, not sure if this system allows for enough. Maybe it's tuneable?

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Is imagine it is tunable since it's a progressive application of force. Maybe change the "ramp rate" of the floating plate?

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's linkage. The operation can be linear, progressive, digressive, so, yes, tuneable.

The purpose of floating link rear brakes, as found on many antique/vintage/classic motorcycles was specifically geared towards removing the suspension's action from acting on a linear braking force. Applying these principles to the front-end is brilliant, tho' some “springer” dudes would say “We've been doing that all along.”