1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who's gotten furloughed?

Discussion in 'General' started by peakpowersports, Apr 3, 2020.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Mine was a 1972. Rode that damn thing into the ground..... then gave it to a friend of my dad for his kids. It's probably still kicking somewhere!

rd400racer likes this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:crackup:Buddy. You've heard the stories. I think you know the answer...:beer:

rd400racer likes this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

So you guys with higher paying jobs about to suffer a layoff.... Do your research before accepting a lower paying or temporary job. The unemployment payments in subsequent yrs is greatly reduced based upon your wages this yr.

My guess is unemployment benefits will be greatly extended like after '08.

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Yes we do. I'm on the sales team in the Specalized Vehicles unit. Most everyone in our unit has been furloughed already. Today they gave us 3 weeks but at are doing it in waves so the people still working can cover the other areas.

Hopefully the vacation part is true, but i was told we can only use 40 hrs during our time of . We will get an email from our HR Business Partner soon to outline it.

I'm sure alot of the details are business unit dependent.

Hang in the! Our stock and my 401k has taken a whopping!

Yzasserina and Rising like this.
  5. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Still working from home (that normal for me) but I have to let 2 of 8 on my team go next week. Then 30 days from now, if no improvement we start another round. Then another round 30 after that. At that point I imaging I will be gone as well.

In the aesthetic laser industry. (service side) Most of our customers are shut down now so no work coming other than in areas not on lock down.

6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I run a trucking outfit based in the Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach, we're essential. Our biggest customer is Hershey's, we're rolling right along.

I miss the gym, riding the track and all that but grateful I have income. My debt is low, if anything these shutdowns continue to pad the safe with money.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Obviously all three of us are just staying home. Evelyne goes in once a week to pay the bills and do any new memberships we get (and thank you big time to those sending them in!!!). I still do emails and here of course so not much change on my end other than no paycheck for right now.

8. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

Atlanta based Electrical Contractor. 6 crews
    We are deemed essential. Revenues are down at least 50%
    We have been able to stay safe and "busy".
    Have work on the books coming up as long as there no delays with construction.

We shall see.

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Are you still able to get permits if needed?

10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Cargo pilot here, also deemed essential, flying my ass off and heavy into overtime (doubled the paycheck last/this month).

Gino230, gy999r and motion like this.
  11. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I discussed my position with my boss and he was cool with me self laying myself off.
    I am a project manager for a for a medium sized construction company. Work is super slow... and we have been busted twice from state and local police for working on non emergency jobs.

12. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

I work for the Division of Unemployment Insurance so...

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Bet this guy is busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest full of people with 2 butts.

Montoya and Banditracer like this.
  14. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I’m retired military and after 30 years the pay makes me comfortable with very little bills. Wife is a College counselor working in North Texas High schools and she’s getting slayed with work at home for a solid 8 hours a day. No kids at home to worry about and the home gym is quite nice.

Metalhead likes this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I work in Service at the Lake and we have been slammed. Not only is the season upon us but now it’s the one place Everyone is going to quarantine. I feel blessed to be working again after being laid off back last March in 19. It took me 6 Months to find a job..it would be twice as hard now..

16. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

I do mobile auto service for a auto manufacturer. Plant is closed right now, no cars being built or delivered right now means no cash flow coming in.

Was pulling about 55-60 hour a week before and now have been cut down to 32. Still have a paycheck and full medical benefits so could be worse for sure.

We are concerned essential so hopefully work lasts.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

of 500+ people in my gov't dept... we are down to about 220 "essential" non essentials and not open to the public. Anyone over 65 got the option to take Admin leave with no leave penalty. About 5 guys took advantage... otherwise we are getting 1 hour leave for every hour we work as long as the pandemic is active.
    Many local big builders have told me that people have pulled the e-brakes on new custom home construction... even though they have everything permitted and lots staged. One builder had 7 folks balk at paying the first draws to get rolling. He was confident he had at least 18 months of solid work so the pause is welcomed. Production builders like DR Horton, KB, etc... still dropping off 20-30 sets of plans per week and breaking ground on multi family projects like gangbusters. Single family homes are slowing.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My daughter does grooming at PetSmart and they are starting grooming again on Monday. The Governor of NH
    declared that grooming is an essential service. Go figure.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Get her a Transit van from Waggin Tails and go mobile. She can gross well into the 6 figures if she's good and willing to put the hours in. That line of business has WAAAAYYY more trouble recruiting stable (in every sense of the word) employees than customers. Shit scoopers are weird, but I've been at it over 11 years, got a couple who I hired at 4-5, and some noobs that my manager trainee guy hired. Hiring and firing is an art form... I may have to take that part back over.

If she wants to move to DFW when this blows over I can get her foot in the door with the groomer management. Or, like I was saying, Uncle Sam has his wallet open right now, get some of that government cheese and get a SBA loan for a Transit van. They run up in the 80s last I heard, but you can print money if you work hard.

20. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I am a motor sports tech (bikes,atv,SXS,PWC) and we are getting busier every day. No sales allowed so that hurts.