1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Mar 28, 2020.

1. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Iphone 6, Smoky Mtns.
    90153359_205252740743169_8205347054059257856_n.jpg 90350576_1428430267335447_3569157968035315712_n.jpg 90046221_202364404196179_6929742273953398784_n.jpg

Montoya, Rico888 and David-imoddavid like this.
  2. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Man, I have a pretty old DSLR (Canon T3i) with decent glass and I definitely should expect it to capture better images than my Pixel 3 phone. Definitely a bummer, I hope it's user error and not gear

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Newyork likes this.
  3. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I took these a the 2017 New Jersey round when the Blue Angels were having a show next door. That was a cool weekend.

DSC_0517 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0522 (Large).JPG

j cal, R1M370, TheGrouchyCat and 3 others like this.
  5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Both taken with a Pentax K2000.

Sort of creepy.

IMGP6994.JPG

Tuscany last summer.

IMGP7417.JPG

Rdrace42 likes this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That was equally one of the coolest and most screwed up weekends ever. It was definitely a once in a lifetime air show though with how they practiced over the track.

JJJerry likes this.
  7. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

iPhone 7 above clouds at Jackson Hole. I see I am orientation challenged, sorry....

Attached Files:

8. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

9. David-imoddavid

HDR lite
    1641v3.jpg 3620second small.jpg bw composite.jpg finalbw.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Hoffman900, j cal, Montoya and 4 others like this.
  10. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

David-imoddavid likes this.
  11. David-imoddavid

HDR extreme.
    basehdrv3.jpg 17.jpg

AndyR1 likes this.
  12. David-imoddavid

I like that the Photomatix program can be used with a light or heavy touch.

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  13. David-imoddavid

PBIR formally know as Moroso
    PHOTOG POSTER.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I was walking backwards while shooting this one. Two cubs right behind here, I was planning on going swimming if she charged. Figured the current would carry me away faster. This is near Haines Ak
    :D

Alaska_DayThirteen_1646.jpg

Alaska_DayThirteen_1669.jpg

j cal, Montoya, SpeedyE and 4 others like this.
  15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

The third of three of us to cross the border back into Alaska near Haines. I convinced the border agent to tell my buddy they didn't allow orange motorcycles into Alaska. Took him a minute to process it, then he saw us up the road laughing our asses off.

Alaska_DayThirteen_1470.jpg

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Tarsier, in the Philippines, super small and the only fully carnivorous primate

Newyork likes this.
  17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Funny...when I did my Hyder trip, we saw some cubs alongside the road. I was a 20yr old city boy, so it didn't occur to me that if there were cubs that the mother was close by. I was trying to get the shot framed from the back of the bike, when my buddy starts yelling we gotta go! Mom comes rushing out of the bush and charges us. We were on gravel, and spun a good long way while she closed the gap, and pretty sure we were doing 30mph before we started to pull away. Friggin 800 pound bear can run faster than you think!

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Awesome. Border guards going into Canada were cool as hell. Coming back into the USA? Not so much. We crossed at a remote point near Nighthawk Washington, and they made us disassemble the bike.

pscook likes this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Lie! No such thing may have happened, border guards have their sense of humour punched out of them!...

(In my experience anyway...)

:D

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

The Canadians were hilarious. Of course, this was back in 1983. Imagine in your best 'Bob & Doug Mckenzie' voice (Google it), the agent says "so, like any of you guys got any drugs, guns, or nuclear weapons or anything? No? Ok, head on ooot!"

beac83 likes this.