1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... who's riding during a Stay At Home?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 3, 2020.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Funny, that thought did cross my mind as I started the chainsaw yesterday.

"May you live in interesting times..."

Yea, fuck off mate!

Knotcher likes this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dont own street bikes anymore cause people are crazy.
    Does going flying count?

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It isn't about you "taking their spot" as much as it is about you catching it while you are in the ER / Urgent care / hospital. Perhaps the cases are still rare enough where your hospital is that isn't a problem, but for most of the US, that is no longer the case.

4. I’ll be locked down at 6pm here in ga but... I have enough property for me and the kid to ride, Pond at end of my street to fish, and our hospital beds aren’t totally full yet so maybe they can make an exception for me if I’m dying.

5. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

I've been thinking similarly 'cept about bicycling. Going it alone this weekend but do worry about riding solo as even though there is less traffic, there is a bit of lawlessness going on. Wild west, lot of sport bikes and classic cars for that matter running hard up and down 441 which is about a half mile away from my home, but I hear 'em revving out at all times of the day. Don't mind it really, but do wonder about recklessness. Don't need the aggravation of getting punted into the weeds by some dickhead going too fast. Oh and our Rotary club had an online meeting this week and one of our members is a Hospital Exec at Broward Health. She mentioned 'non-Covid19' Emergency room visits have been down a full 50% since it started. I guess many are staying away and doing home remedies (break out the super glue and thread for home stitches...) and the like to minimize their chance of catching this virus. That and I suppose less folks working and driving so fewer accidents and the like.

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

been prepping my small woods/trail track at the house this week. waiting for it to dry out a bit more, in one section. been jones'in to ride. Ski

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Ride to work and back just like any other day. Then wednesday night all 15 of us met up in public together then went riding.

K51000 likes this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Melka uses Carillo paper towels, not cheap aftermarket paper towels.

2blueYam, MELK-MAN and noles19 like this.
  9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

We did about 100mi yesterday on the country twisties. Didn't see that tractor driver though LOL. It was sunny 58F! Little to no wind.
    Lots of people were out. We stayed 6 ft apart though

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Daily FB coordinated Group rides are alive and well in the STL.....braggin about riding everyday.....more the merrier, pics/vids of groups.
    NOt a good time to crash, wind up in hospital.
    Dumb

If I could ride, I be riding by myself, or at least not getting near no one when off the bikes/parking lots

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

They announced @ noon the two Navy ships , between them, have served 40 people.. so they don`t have the overflow they say.. go ahead and crash.....:D

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

When is a good to crash and wind up in the hospital?

Newyork and SpeedyE like this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I knew I came to the right place. :D

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

In my experience crashing is normally the only good time to go. I walked into the er with a hole in my leg and got first class instant service. You don't get that with covid-19!

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Brushy mountain? hear that's great for offroad if you don't wanna bust yourself up on mx tracks.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The order specifically says you can go out and exercise - so you're set for riding :D

I know Durhamtown and Highland Park closed but think they could use that out to reopen.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fl./ Ga. border shit.....I'm out ridin' every day on the farm roads and no crypto clearance shit needed.
    I notice a larger presence of varied law enforcement at the state lines on the interstate though.

18. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Been riding a whole lot lately, especially GROM.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

My daughter had a fall off her horse last night. Went to the urgent care just to be safe, thankfully nothing broken. Was half expecting an eye roll or scolding.. I think they were just happy to have paying customers.

SpeedyE and Steeltoe like this.
  20. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I’ll probably break the shelter in place and ride the GROM over and around the big water where I live. Ain’t no one there along the Natchez trace part anyways.