1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... who's riding during a Stay At Home?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I mean it's not exactly forbidden.
    But they need all beds available so it's more risky if you get knocked off.
    But my state has plenty of empty beds.
    But they said no non-essential travel.
    But I feel this is essential before I snap.

I really just want someone to co-sign my bs so I can get on the horse.

scottn and cav115 like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Awe, but you're single and over thirty with no kids. What reason do you have to snap???

:Poke:

tiggen and cha0s#242 like this.
  3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Im in FL and plan to break out the Adventure this weekend.

scottn likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm worried about crashing and having to be taken to and ER and catch the BeerSARS while I'm in the crowded waiting area.

R1M370 and Steeltoe like this.
  5. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Just got "locked down" in GA today. Riding, even street riding, IS my therapy. At some point, I'll probably risk whatever the legal threat/ramification is and go for a ride. I'm not any more worried about crashing, or having someone else crash into me than before. I don't see the risk any greater now - risk management is a critical skill - play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Just as there are no trophies for winning trackdays, none are given out for street rides. I rode about 230 miles last weekend enjoying the beautiful sites, smells, and experiences offered by the north GA mountains. Even conservative street speeds that don't arouse the constabulary provide incredible joy when entry speed, lean angle, and exit acceleration skills are well executed. I have found few things more capable of helping me cope with the trials and tribulations of life than "helmet therapy".

scottn and Wingnut like this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We haven't gotten to that point. I'm heading home shortly to go for a ride with my son.

7. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

I've been seeing packs of bikes heading towards the good roads, every time I've gone out so far.

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

every day... dirt bike or mtn bike. Most places are closing, but gotta know the "secret spots"

Sabre699, Ducti89 and Newyork like this.
  9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

In most states it is OK to exercise. My Fitbit thinks I am exercising when I ride my Tuono on the street, so that is good enough for me. If that fails, make sure you know where there is a pharmacy / grocery / food store / brewery / winery that you would either be coming from or going to. Just make sure you have some way to carry whatever it is you would supposedly be picking up. :D Other alternative is you are riding to an elderly friend or relative that you are taking care of. Again, have a address or at least a town.

In all seriousness, I am very doubtful they will pull over a lone motorcyclist out for a ride if you are not being a hooligan.

With that said, I have changed over from my touring gear to full blown track gear for my rides. I want all the protection I can get. Bring disposable gloves and/or hand sanitizer for the fuel pump.

As Pride said above, you don't have to be going fast to enjoy a well executed corner. Think of maximizing the safety of each situation and corner instead of maximizing the speed. Challenge yourself or doing the next corner / intersection / turn safer than the last one.

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

instead of disposable gloves for gas pumps, just carry some paper towels. if you touch your face or other items before you take gloves off, you just cross contaminated. Paper towel is 1 and done use.

11. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I’ve been riding the mountain bike as weather permits and will no question be taking the Ninja out this Monday when it’s 60 degrees here in the pandemic capital of the world lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I'm riding. Dual-sport, electric bicycle, and horses, the weather is beautiful here. Not taking any extraordinary risks, though, and also finding that some dirt/forest roads are closed off due to too many visitors right now.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My Hypermotard will probably come out Monday for some "exercise".

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I've been going out for rides on the good roads. There are almost no cops anywhere and the ones that are out aren't doing traffic patrols or pulling people over.

It's like the Goonies.... This our time, OUR TIME! Go out and ride some wheelies while you can!

scottn, beechkingd and GarrettRick like this.
  15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I pulled a Melka and rode dirtbikes in North Carolina Tuesday and Wednesday. Ive also had my Electra Glide out.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Nobody is going to bother with a single motorcycle on the roads no matter where you're going.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

There is a reason it is a disposable glove. You use it to handle the gas pump, then take it off from the inside out and throw it away. The hand doing the fueling never leaves the pump handle when I fill up the bike and the glove is only on while I am filling up the bike. Yes, you could use a paper towel, but the virus can go through a paper towel. It isn't getting through my nitrile glove. A disposable shop towel would work well, as those are thicker and denser and generally don't let the virus through like typical paper towels.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I've been out riding the mountain bike nearly every day.
    The ERs are ghost towns out this way, so no fear of taking some Wu Tang Flu's spot.

K51000 likes this.
  19. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Planning on hitting some dirt roads this weekend - as long as you’re not being a total dumbass I wouldn’t worry about harassment .

ts199 likes this.
  20. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Agreed on regular roads but here in CA I am being extra cautious to be legal, quiet and polite on the dirt fire roads - rangers are being very protective of the forest lands right now because a lot of people are showing up that don't normally come out there.