1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention Honda RC30 Owners

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Mar 30, 2020.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Wish they would do it for the RC51 too!

3. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Just buy a couple more, and make one good example. It's not like they're special. Not like the RC30 or RC45 are.

418 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

:bow: Now this actually is a game changer. Good on Honda. :beer:

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

That's what we said about those bikes then. And finding multiple to make one nice example is proving difficult to do.

6. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I had to sell my under 3,000 mile bike in 2010. Still a sad day

7. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Honda did this for the S2000, so there's varying criteria it seems. What they're providing maybe not as extensive as providing the service personnel like on this RC30, but they've always shown a commitment to the owners, which is refreshing to see in today's short-term profit driven era.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31094898/honda-s2000-parts/

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Taking a page from the Porsche opps manual.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Correct me if I’m wrong as the 30s and 45s were a little before my time but weren’t they homologation specials with extremely limited production (500/year is the number coming to mind)? And quite pricey from the day they were released? Versus the 51 which was just a normal production bike

stk0308 likes this.
  10. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

RC30 they made a few thousand of. RC45 they only made 200. It’s actually the better bike but it doesn’t have the provenance of the RC30.

11. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

I remember the one sitting in Mach 1 (not sure it was called that then) in Vallejo, CA. back in the day. It seemed magical, untouchable. And expensive!

12. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

At the risk of angering some collectors, it would be nice if enough parts became available to encourage some owners to consider vintage racing.

13. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

doubleapex and cha0s#242 like this.