1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Fuck it.

I'd rather have my dick swabbed for chlamydia than that bullshit test.

Not always accurate anyways.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In reality....yes, it would likely have been more effective than locking everyone up. For 3 reasons

1. it stops infected people from expelling infected particles....this is for both symptomatic and more importantly asymptomatic carriers of the virus who are the majority of carriers/spreaders.
    2. keeps you from touching your mouth and nose
    3. if you do get infected, having a mask on to lessen the amount of virus you inoculate yourself with can give you a much better chance (in theory) of your body combating the illness. I.E. a small initial viral load allows your body's immune system to start mounting a defense against the virus more easily than if you're hit with a mega load all up front at once.

Unfortunately that was never going to be an option because we didn't have anywhere near the number of masks to do that, so instead they started that BS of telling everyone NOT to wear masks because they don't work. But somehow they DO work for healthcare providers. NO, they work for everyone when you have enough of a supply for everyone to use them.

I could be wrong, but I suspect at some point in the not too distant future the controlled media will pull and about face (maybe when the stockpiles are stock piled high enough?) on their messaging of face mask wearing.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

While reading articles from 2009 on the swine flu, one of the big problems they had was a shortage of masks and ventilators.
    Seems like such a simple problem to solve. Buy more before you need them.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's one of the things that concerns me the most. Eventually after a good amount of discomfort and pain we'll get through this shit sandwich, but I very much doubt that anything will be learned from it. At least to the point that it prevents mistakes from being made the next time something like this rolls around. Whether its 10 years ago (swine flu) or 100 years ago (Spanish flu), still can't learn from the mistakes of the past.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This guy has it right. Nobody can give you a handie as good as you can do it yourself.
    You guys can have the handjobs, if they can't spring for a bj then the hell with it.
    If I want a handjob from a stranger I'll just use my other hand.

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So SW Florida has a stay at home order. Both major counties in Tampa have stay at home orders. Orange County has stay at home orders. What’s the point of not just telling the rest of the state to do the same?

7. Yep, some heavy shit. The BOPs weigh 1,000,000lbs each, and there are 2 of them.

120 joints of Riser, that weigh close to 60,000lbs each.

Enough drill pipe to drill tens of thousand feet into the Earth.

Plus all the cranes, engines, etc.

But a huge chunk of the weight comes from liquids and chemicals. There’s a shitload of fuel, water, mud, barite, cement, etc.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You want the Redneck Riviera boys getting froggy?

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

SE Florida I meant

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

Don’t go hunting in the jungle with the Oranganator...

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

image000000_93.jpg

tony 340 likes this.
  14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Unless you're Cheney and you're hunting for quail..... :D

tony 340 likes this.
  15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! I've been able to teach women to give me a better HJ, because I know how to do it. I haven't, however, been able to teach a woman to give me a dynamite BJ, probably because I haven't sucked a dick.

R Acree likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

There's always time to learn something new. :D

19. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

It worked with hj, may try it for your own benefit :)

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm old. Just not flexible enough anymore. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.