1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diamond lost in crash - (morons)

Discussion in 'General' started by Richard Lesher, May 24, 2004.

1. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

eeeps

Next year they'll be signing Xaus to parade such a diamond.:D

3. racer919

racer919 Still slow...

..."I don't expect we are going to get it back at all but we were prepared for this otherwise we would never have done it."

Likely, they "prepared" by putting a chunk of cubic zirconium in the car's nose. Or by insuring it for more than market value.

4. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

or, simply the driver pocketed the diamond and nosed it in the rail, oh darn, what do you know we lost it, oh too bad. ;)

5. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

One of the corner workers got a bonus!
    :D

6. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

They shoulda drilled it and safety wired it. Thats what I'd have done :)

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Even if the diamond was real, they got more than $200K worth of advertising out of the stunt.

Besides, if they considered the diamond to be worth $200K retail, then wholesale it was worth about $250.00. If that.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's funny is that it was not even noticeable on the car unless you were standing right there in the garage. So they might as well just have told people there was a diamond on the car and kept it in a toolbox.

9. MarkB

You're right - if they hadnt have lost it, we'd have never heard about it.

Those smart chaps in Marketing strike yet again :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

actually it was part of a big publicity event, including guest appearances in the garage by Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Matt Damon. Maybe the diamond was lost because too many people knew about it. :D

11. MarkB

Hey, I heard there was a massive crash involving a cloud of smoke. Any pics posted anywhere?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was Sato. His engine had been smoking for about one lap or two. When it exploded, there was no visibility behind him for a while and all hell broke loose. Fisichella became airborne after hitting a McLaren and landed upside down on the guardrail. I don't know where there are pictures online. I have been watching it on TV. As a matter of fact, I am watching it again right now.