1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It's income based. Single threshold is $99k. Not sure what it is for married.

2. 100% agree with that and I don’t even want new rims :)

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Welp, good thing we still haven't gotten married and she claims the kids :D

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:I love the look on peoples faces the first time they are told that they will need to ride the man basket up and see what it actually is.:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Nope. No cage. Think a mesh teepee that you need to hang on to the outside of. man basket.jpg

Gorilla George and Steeltoe like this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Figures. Succeed, take the risk to build a business, contribute to the economy, hire people at a decent wage...

... and get screwed.

:mad:

cav115 and G 97 like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

. Its all outlined on an irs sight I looked at.
    Yep, I won’t be getting squat. Complete smoke and mirrors. Just keep printing money and pile it on the deficit. Even, if I did qualify it just ends up trading dollars with the feds and having to pay for it. So the reality is, the “stimulus” will actually result in me having less money. Hurrays all around.

cav115 likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Looks like fun.

9. auminer

Yeah, the damn government is just ass-raping you and your fellow CornSheiks.

Call you :
    Obstinate
    People
    Ethanolizing
    Corn.

10. auminer

Oh, I forgot... :D

Smiley Face...

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep again. Bad life decisions are incentivized, while hard work and doing ones part is penalized monetarily. If you have any level of skin in the game, you get the screws turned to you. FN joke.

Metalhead, Phl218 and auminer like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just got word an uncle of mine tested +

They suspect he may have likely picked it up when he was in the hospital for back surgery about 2 weeks ago. He's overweight and has diabetes and hypertension so I can't imagine his outlook is going to be too good here. Also my cousin whose FIL lives with them has a hospice nurse that comes in every couple days tested + 8 days ago so now they are all on eggshells and isolating.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not quite. But I understand the premise.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, I don't always make it to the end of his videos but he is pretty good at calling out all the hypocrisy and lies getting spewed.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Correct. Also, lucky for me the part of my personality that decided I wanted to own a business also doesn't give a fuck what the government gives me or not. I never asked for anything except a tax bill so they have no opportunity to "screw" me.

I can't be bothered by business owners whining about their plight. We all knew the risks. Being self sufficient also means building your own safety net. My net isn't as good as it should be but that's my fault. Won't happen again.

The people I feel bad for are those who value security and made their career decisions to that end. Now the shit hits the fan in a way no one saw coming and they have to take whatever crumbs the almighty offer them. Unless they make $99k, then no crumbs...

16. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

There needs to be a "like X's infinity" button because the truth you both just spewed is worth much more than one like!

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update.

upload_2020-3-30_13-15-28.png

upload_2020-3-30_13-15-39.png

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    dlafz1 likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

i think having read married and filed jointly: 150k with phase outs above that

G 97 likes this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Trebuchet! Plus, Broomecam!

Gorilla George likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.