1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mladin Charged with sex abuse - acquitted and found NOT guilty!

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Mar 25, 2020.

1. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Yes, it was Brett I was talking about. Kind of remember something about the tires he was using but again, can't remember shit. Lol. Maybe it was during a super sport race where he ran a Pirelli (MT60) which was a DOT tire but worked very well in the rain.

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

It was later. I left Loudon 94 and this happened after that. Was it guy name dave davenoe or something like that?

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My recollection was that a wealthy privateer claimed the forks. @Ju29 knows all the deets fo sho.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Katz just got back to me. It was the 1995 750 SS race. They found that the battery was the incorrect size for the bike, but he kept his third place finish. He goes on to say that the engine was so worn that the piston wrist pins let the pistons hit the valves! (I'm still waiting for answer on any sanctions)
    Russ was the funniest guy in the Loudon paddock. He was constantly tormenting Chuck Chouinard. He was down in Daytona trying out for a ride (Hansen? Zampach's old ride) when he crashed. At first he was told that he would never walk again, but he was back on his feet again, wearing a halo. The doctors told him that a hit in the right place would paralyze him. His family begged him to quit racing. A few years later, I got a Christmas card from him, addressed to "Charles". (He said I looked like Charles Manson when I had a beard. He threatened to draw swastikas on my face if he ever caught me sleeping.) There were swastikas and Stars of David drawn all over the envelope. Inside it read, "Check me out on ESPN, I'm doing Sno-Cross! Crashing more than ever!" He works at an Indian dealership now.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    G 97, Pixelator and motion like this.
  5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

This was for Duhamels bike, ama claimed it and sold. They had drawing and Cory's name was drawn. Tony wanted bike and had all this guys names put in drawing box but he paid for bike and took bike.
    He was afm guy, I raced with him.

motion likes this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

In 883 class there was some big bitching and complaining. One complaint was that the Bartel HD bikes (on Metzelers) handled too good and that the team had changed/bent the frames for better handling. At about the same time the other top three team got protested because they were too fast. Their bike (on the other tire brand) was torn down and the ports looked different. The answer given was this, the ELF fuel was corroding the ports. So half of the other 883 teams said WTF we use ELF too and we're not seeing that.

Then there was a rumor that only one team had permission to spend hours & hours in HD warehouses to hand pick parts. So the guy would go with measuring instruments and look for cranks and pistons with the longest/tallest measurements to help raise compression. Or the shortest cylinders, the best heads, etc.

G 97 likes this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

See I do remember it pretty good. And yep for sure they let me keep his finish but didn't they try to or actually fine him?

8. Johnny B

"Parts Bin Blueprinting" :D

A former rider of mine started racing 883s for a no name shop in my area. He went down to Daytona to race in the World 883 Championships during the ROC. Riders from all over the planet were invited and the race was held in two legs. My ex rider was very fast. Too fast. The idiot was blasting by groups of riders without even trying to fake some semblance of drafting. After the race, officials came by, painted his head bolts and told him to report to Tech after the second leg. I arrived at his pit after that and he was complaining that the motor didn't sound right and he was afraid it would blow up, etc. I was out at the grid when the bikes started forming up for the warm up lap. I happened to turn around and see him leaving the paddock with his truck and trailer. He was later cited for not reporting to Tech, fined $300 and suspended for six months. The suspension was to commence upon payment of the fine, which was never paid. Technically he is still suspended from CCS.

Years later it was confirmed that he was running a 1200 motor. :D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Steeltoe, SpeedyE and SirCrashAlot like this.
  9. Johnny B

I'm waiting for an answer to that.

10. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

In 2001 the AMA 600 supersport riders boycotted the race at Loudon and LRRS racer Scott Greenwood won.

I don't remember the Mid-Ohio one.

G 97 likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And Brett got a raft of shit because of that and they tried to find a reason in post tech to move him back. And about 15 years ago Scott Jensen with a Pirelli intermediate front and slick rear did the same thing, got on the SBK box at Mid-Ohio in wet conditions. And needless to say he was triple checked to make sure he was legal so the whiners would settle down.

Peter Hively likes this.
  12. Johnny B

Yeah, we need the guy with the archives on this one.

motion likes this.
  13. Johnny B

But Katz taking the podium on a 600 takes the cake! (It was that damn illegal battery! :D )

14. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

These racing "behind the scenes" stories need their own thread. Be great for you old dudes that were part of the game to share these cool memories.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm not sure. He was sponsored by four and six out of Chicago. Jim Rashid was his crew chief. American Flyers were also involved.

Boman Forklift and motion like this.
  16. Johnny B

Dave Dalzell? The Volvo dealer?

17. Critter

Critter Registered

Jack Phieffer

G 97 likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Pfeifer ya that sounds right.

19. Critter

Critter Registered

Jim Rashid = you mean the guy in charge of doing the bikes for criminals first racing.... Jim rashid the ax man for the AMA in charge of running people out of the paddock and tearing people down at the direction of Roger Edmondson...

Bloodhound and motion like this.
  20. Johnny B