1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mladin Charged with sex abuse - acquitted and found NOT guilty!

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Mar 25, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:(

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Erion with Hayes as their rider at Daytona. Polished crank IIRC.

Pretty good wright up outlining the Mladin crank differences. Cumulative improvements. I’m sure it didn’t make a huge difference but any small advantage does help plus it was clearly against the rules.

On a separate note I do know of other instances where Suzuki employed a different supplier to manufacture parts at a slightly higher spec than what was considered OEM stock but then had them approved for competition and not made available to the general public.

GNC, 418 and SpeedyE like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That is the tragedy if this proves to be true. If true I am with the "I hope he bleeds to death from the anus in prison" crowd.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. If it's true hang him but I hope it's not for the kids sake.

5. Critter

Critter Registered

LOL you mean like MOST of thier bike including the frame with no VIN

G 97 likes this.
  6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Picture of it is floating around. Think it was just stronger to keep it from breaking.

Attached Files:

GNC, G 97 and SpeedyE like this.
  7. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I was wondering that too....

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Same. the Long term effects are what people can't understand unless it happened to someone they know very closely.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, the “early production” non VIN frames that somehow the AMA willingly turned a blind eye. You know since they were never going into the retail chain, why bother with stamping them with a silly VIN. LOL

10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

There are several others here more knowledgeable on the subject but having a forged, balanced and polished crankshaft typically makes a more efficient engine. That said, the likelyhood of finishing a race without breaking the crank and (possibly) allowing it to spin to higher rpm for longer periods of time would be an advantage.

Perhaps Critter could clarify something to me from my memory banks: wasn't Mladins team running a Mitsubishi ecu compared to Motec back during the T/C controversy?

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Thread title should read: Mladin once again busted for illegally polishing his crank.

Or:

Mladin sticks his crank where it doesn't belong again.

Mat's use of crankshaft ruled illegal again.

Mladin really needs to keep his crankshafts to himself..

Okay I'll stop.

That's either some amateur ass or DGAF cheating. If you're gonna make illegal frames, stamp them with the same retail
    VINs and mark them as 'Damaged, definitely not for racing' in your system.

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I vaguely remember something along the lines of the stronger crank allowing gearing changes that would cause the stock crank to fail.

Boman Forklift and SpeedyE like this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:beer:

SGVRider likes this.
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Nicky was disqualified several times while riding the Hypercycle machine.

15. Critter

Critter Registered

I am not sure of the ECU and I don't know if was in their ECU or piggy back, the way were going to do it was piggy back.

We split out from the 3 wire crank position sensor, dropped it into his little electrical device then cut one cylinder.

Steeltoe and Bloodhound like this.
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I like black humor myself. It's only funny when it's not mean spirited and doesn't target a person directly. You have to turn the humor back to the perpetrator being a piece of shit or make light of a general situation.

How about:

Now we know why Mat was so fast. He just wanted to get a closer look at everyone's butt.

Now we know why Mat liked to win so much. He just loved showing everyone his ass.

Now we know why Mat liked pissing contests. He just really wanted to see the other guy's dick.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yep, I remember team owner Carry Andrew being banned from the AMA paddock at Road Atlanta in 1998.
    Other stuff from the past: Wes Cooley got a DQ when his Yosh bike was under the minimum weight. The crew tried throwing hardware into the exhaust to add weight before going to Tech.
    Jay Springsteen was found to be riding an 1100 CC bike in the Daytona 200 when the limit was 750 CCs. The AMA cut him a little slack because it was obviously the team that put him on an illegal bike and since he didn't roadrace very often, he wouldn't have noticed that something wasn't kosher.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It was 199 something and we're at Road America. There's 3 Suzukis in the roped off in the 750 Supersport tear-down area. The tanks are off and air-boxes are uncovered etc. And then Micheal Tjon looks at me and says WTF how can Merkel's different looking and different color air filter be legal. Then he's told it's OK it's the Japanese market OEM (or something like that) filter so it's legal. And I ask Micheal at the next race a month or so later, can you guys get those, so you know what his answer was. right...

19. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

For a bunch of fucking idiots this is actually a really good idea.
    I have a frame I bought from them thats braced and modified, came with a yosh title. No VIN lol

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

A well deserved shout out to Elbowz 11 from the WSBK book!

upload_2020-3-27_16-6-54.png