1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

BIL is an anesthesiologist in switzerland , who went teaching the last couple of years. since 2 days, he's back in the ER. they ordered him to do so

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Again... do try and keep up. Already at the corn likker this early?

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

they always accept casualties to push their agenda.

however, i decided to self-isolate with the family, while at the same time trying to establish immunity.

home office etc.

our mexican colleagues however, deemed only 2 days of home office sufficient as a necessary precaution . SMH

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

5. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Like I stated earlier, you’re a lap down. Own it.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

wait. so you want to say INFECTION RATE: 330000000/80000 (tested)
    is a different number than 330000000/30000000 (assuming 10% infected)

as well as MORTALITY RATE: (tested infiected) 80000/2000
    vs
    potentially 30000000/2000

Spang308 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Freaky huh?

Spang308 and Phl218 like this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'm gonna have to write my former math professor to solve that for me

10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

11. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

12. They want me to travel
    back to work on the 6th (travel ban is supposed to be lifted on the 5th). But I doubt that will happen. Angola has already extended their travel ban; Ghana will likely do the same.

It is possible that they make exceptions for people in the O&G industry, because a lot of the money in Ghana comes from that. Even the President if Ghana has said “if we leave our borders closed, our people will starve”.

But if/when I do go back, I’ll have to do 2 weeks quarantine. Which won’t be bad at all. My company already has some nice apartments setup for quarantining purposes. It’s even better because I’ll be paid overtime while chilling in quarantine. :D

The sad part is that Ghana put the travel ban in, but still allowed Ghanaians to return home. Of the 1500 Ghanaians that returned home from abroad, 100 of them came back with Covid.

13. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Packaging. Specifically, blisters, clamshells, trays, etc. I've also got a small machine shop, but that's just a couple of people.

14. 1. EAD

2. Every single one of us, regardless of which “side” of the discussion you are on, have ALL used figures from damn near all the same orgs.

Whether someone is trying to illustrate how dangerous/infections Covid is, or how dangerous/infections influenza is, or how many people were infected (and/or killed) by SARS, H1N1, Ebola, etc...we have all been using numbers provided by the CDC, WHO, Johns Hopkins, worldometer, etc.

So either we use the data at hand for the basis of discussions, or we just say “fuck it” and end all discussions assuming that every bit of data, regardless how credible the source is, is bullshit and irrelevant.

3. EAD

jase, Monsterdood, joec and 1 other person like this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nothing new.

[​IMG]

Lawn Dart, scottn, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Uncertainty and no idea are not the same thing. The comparable level of system uncertainty associated with the seasonal flu is minimal. That's apparently just not computing to you. We know, and have in place, all the basic controls our modern public health and medical system has built for the seasonal flu. It kills tons of people because it is amazingly adaptable, floats across the oceans, and people fail to act on both non- and pharmaceutical treatments. It is what it is and social response to it is baked in. None of that really applies to this new virus.

Underlying the political response, and maybe why no wants to talk about it all quite yet: human value.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Only the public sector can save us. :rolleyes:

cav115 likes this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Simple answer. It's not their job to save you.

cav115 likes this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(19)30328-5/fulltext

20. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Sometimes a physical craving for a drink is really the body craving sugar. OJ is naturally sweet and usually takes the edge off that craving.
    Sort of like methadone for heroin.

But Hey, what ever works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.