1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRAD 750 smog block off

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Mar 23, 2020.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I removed the P.A.I.R. system, as a result I now need the block off plates for the cylinder head.
    However it appears that nobody makes them , I read that the 99 Hayabusa plates are the same pcs can somebody confirm that ? Four point me in the right direction. If so great.
    The only reason I removed it is it lose the clutter on the machine + lose free weight... maybe 3 lbs if I'm lucky .. lol
    I like to take off anything I don't really need for aesthetics as well.

Thanks in advance.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Cheapest would be just put a length of hose between the ports Easy. Or make some out of flat stock from home depot.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Tap holes and put set screws in there. Close it once forever.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I thought somebody got bored and resurrected a 24 year old thread...

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

SRAD's are where at it's at man!

pscook and StaccatoFan like this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Nope, oiler oiler oiler. I don’t care if Eboz has gone to the dark side of GSXRs. :D

EDIT - he is probably hoarding toilet paper too...

7. This old Rz

Lol...you guys are funny. Thanks I certainly needed o a good laugh.
    I love the the early GSXRs as well however I settled on the last year of carburetion as it's the ultimate incarnation of a carb GSXR.
    I would have to spend thousands on a 86 87 or a slingshot to get it to the same performance level ,swingarm , motor work etc...
    It's all good though I just don't have a big budget so I felt it was the best choice the most practical for me let's say.
    I know it's an old bike but it's by far the best handling machine I've ever ridden. I just feel safe and comfortable on it however I do need a steering stabilizer... And fork seals LOL.
    I got it for $1800.00.
    A pretty nice machine,re-jettied carbs, and scored a brand new "high mount" Yoshimura DUPLEX race exhaust, rearsets awesome rearsets, Fox twin Clicker shock, Catalyst Reaction suspension tuning, Sharkskins solo seat with a pretty awesome Sergeant race seat. And an ape manual cam chain tensioner I have it all taken apart and I'm slowly going through everything...decided to take the carbs apart and clean them thoroughly I should not have done it these are the most complex carburetors I have ever seen (beyond my paygrade) I'm going to try though I just need to find a way to dedicate more time two working on s***.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  8. simmoto

simmoto Member

I have some from APE. Still in the packaging.

9. This old Rz

Are you speaking about the block off plates? If so let me know about them and about what you would like for them price wise I am in Yucca Valley California my email is DaveEvansInc @yahoo.com.
    Thanks so much....
    Every little bit helps !!!

10. simmoto

simmoto Member

It's the small P.A.I.R. block off plates. The holes are 30mm center to center. I'll email you

11. This old Rz

Great, I will double check it when I get home tonight if so I'd be interested for sure obviously I need them LOL