1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s a kindler gentler dungeon.

Even the mods are cool. :D

speeddaddy likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

4. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Ok, so how do you want to compare it? It (Covid-19) is too new to compare a full season to a full flu season. I did another comparison of a week of statistics for March 2018 (biggest flu season in ten years) to current covid stats and number of new cases tested positive for COVID, compared to cases tested positive for regular flu in NY state the WEEK of 3/24/18, was twice as high. Just one day, compared to a week. And as far as I could tell there didn't seem to be any fatalities that week with flu but more than 40 with covid - again, comparing a week of flu to just yesterday for covid..

Or you could compare daily average deaths by season, which CDC defines as Oct 1 - April 28 and use THAT daily average which ranges from 57 to 290 (nationally). Covid deaths were over 100 yesterday and rising fast. It certainly appears to be on track to greatly exceed flu.

I personally don't think it is comparable to regular flu at all, actually, I am just responding to the people who keep trying to MAKE that comparison trying to claim that it is nowhere near as bad as regular flu.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

YOu can find an aweful lot of something when you are specifically looking for it. Most Americans don't get the flu shot or ever get tested in a flu season.

7. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Sounds like we have come to the “old and unhealthy people are collateral damage” and we must not let the economy completely crash stage. The thought is to restart everything in another week, throw a couple trillion at everyone and go on as though nothing ever happened.

I mean, what could go wrong?

8. 418

418 Expert #59

My bad.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. :crackup:

10. Venom51

Nothing more than what has gone wrong. However I can tell you that large majority of America isn't prepared to live through another great depression. The only people truly prepared for it currently are the homeless. They'll be laughing at the rest of the fucktards who are now upset about having to live like they do.

It will be ugly and bloody.

tony 340 likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I suck at math and I'm laughing at yours.

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Ok this thread is to long to keep up with. Can someone just tell me if we are all going to die

13. Venom51

Yes...we are. All of us. Every single person you know will die. Just not this week and not all at the sime time or of the same thing.

Banditracer and Ducti89 like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Check back around mid-April.

R1M370 likes this.
  15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

No, but James Clyburn made an interesting comment the other day regarding this.

tl1098 likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Several restaurants in the area have already announced that they will never reopen.

17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Nothing to worry about, if you live in area where breathing ethanol and chemicals all day is normal.
    That is pretty much all I got out of 145 pages :)

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Just not from the beer flu.
    Ain't nobody gettin' outta here alive...

20. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Anyone have a source for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.