1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Excellent point. So I tried to find a more direct comparison for a similar time period. I looked at New York state alone, for the week ending 3/24/18, and they characterized the flu as "widespread" during that week, 2018 was the worst season in the last ten years. There were 2,711 lab-confirmed influenza results (new cases that week), and as far as I can tell, zero deaths. By comparison, NY state is showing over 5,000 new COVID-19 positive results just yesterday, that is just ONE day, with 43 new deaths. (from worldometer site).

Sources: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/...e/2017-2018/archive/2018-03-24_flu_report.pdf

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

In other news, Dr Birx said today that while the virus is very contagious, it`s not very deadly, and outside of hotspots (New York, Cali Italy;Italy being an anomoly,), it isn`t progressing as they thought.

Who`da thought. :D

Bugslayer, Phl218 and baconologist like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The only thing it accomplishes is make people calm the fuck down until the next 14 days extension is announced. :D The first 14 days will not make a real impact.

Or you could take it to Phil's Emporium (I haven't been there, I don't know what it's called). I hear it's total freedom over there. :)

Quicktoy, G 97 and Jed like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Right here is where you went into the ditch.

Flu SEASON...

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Or it could be for little ....

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They've already been popped by Proboards for the NSFW content. :D

Phl218 and David-imoddavid like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You serious? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Cuomo said something today during his briefing that makes sense and they still aren't doing yet. Since the virus has been spreading around quietly for several weeks now they really should ramp up blood tests for COVID antibodies. That way they can figure out whose had it already, is now immune and can get out and go back to work and whatnot.

10. Venom51

Yep..

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So ABC news quotes "health experts'

Was that any of us??:crackup:

Dr. Birx , if she is to be believed, said today it is contagious, but not very deadly , except elderly and health compromised...

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

news, this is not

cav115 likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shhhh...quiet !!

[​IMG]

pickled egg likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

thing that pisses me off the most about this shit is that our green card application is in its final process, means everything submitted and clear - just waiting now. after years of paperwork, postings, DOL renegotiations and all the other crap, oh and about 10 grand... so if the economy tanks, everyone's out of a job, worst case myself as well. and boom. i sit here, have to sell everything for nothing instead of being self-sufficient and riding this thing out. instead: take what i have to the motherland, just to face the same situation there.

praying this wont happen, but somehow i already know.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

buncha PC assholes

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, your forum is monitored by someone else? You don't make the rules?

17. Venom51

When you are having it hosted by someone else for free you don't get to make the rules.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

there are filters by the ones hosting it for free.

i didn't really go shopping during those 60 seconds it took me to set it up.

so far, nobody had a problem with dungeony content. it was the expired Arby's sammich that got flagged.

R1M370 and R Acree like this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

1st world dungeonesque problems.

20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.