1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The US will have more cases than anyone in about 4 days. Everyone will freak out, the market will drop again, and we’ll need another 1-2T package to offset to bring the market back up. I really hope I am wrong on this, but a definite scenario. Oh by the way, this will all force us to think about how much of a deficit is too much and the impact on the strength of the dollar and inflation could be troublesome. Buckle up.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Soooo many things that could be said here... :Poke: :D

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Hello Mr Sunshine

4. No, the gun isn’t for the TV.

.....yet. :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

R.I.P., TV. :(

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Beyond using sales metrics on oneforce, I am useless as a statistician.

Can someone explain the dotted line part at the end of the graphs on this dashboard? why to they go up or down? Is that an expectation?

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Prediction 30%-40% unemployment for 3-5 years, DOW down 60%-70% for same period, millions of deaths as a result.

Buckle up indeed.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, needs more referring to himself in the third person.
    Are we all dead yet? Asking for a friend.

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well if we’re going to torpedo life as we know it over educated guessing and speculation, may as well come full circle

cav115 likes this.
  10. :crackup:

It was close, but the TV will survive.

That shit they told me to do in the other thread worked. My Amazon is up now.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I didn't expect it to take that long. :)

12. Exactly.

That’s I specifically said “don’t have”, rather than “can’t develop”.

We can develop antibodies to fight it, after being exposed to it.

Like I said, we’ve already been through all of this before. Not sure why it’s a thing again.

13. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I keep seeing comparisons to seasonal flu, so I took a look at numbers. CDC estimates number of deaths related to seasonal influenza in the US annually as between 12,000 and 61,000. (source: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html).

By my math that means a daily average between 33 and 167 deaths per day. Yesterday there were over 100 covid-19 deaths in the US (140 according to the worldometer site but that seems higher than other sources) so we are already well over the low estimate for "regular" flu, and the death rate is rising exponentially. We know it will still go up a lot more because the virus doesn't kill people right away, it takes a few weeks, and there are a lot of active cases. Point is that we will quickly surpass even the highest estimated average daily deaths from regular flu.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

sadly

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Surprised they weren’t the first to lock down. Natives know a thing or two about getting fucked over by diseases from other parts of the world.

16. Fuck off.

I hope that is clear enough. You shouldn’t have any trouble trying to figure out what I am implying with that.

G 97 likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

You misquoted me brah :crackup:

Phl218, cav115 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You think your daily averages might want to take into account the seasonal flu’s seasonality?

auminer likes this.
  19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update.

upload_2020-3-24_15-6-11.png

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Anyone running into this virtue signaling BS:
    14 Days PURE
    You haven't gone shopping.
    You haven't gone to work.
    You haven't gone to any events.
    You haven't had any visitors over.
    You have ONLY been with your household and ALL of them have followed the list above as well.

How many of you are 14 Days PURE at this point?
    ANYONE that follows the PURE life, can spend time with anyone else that follows the PURE life... :)
    #14DaysPURE

So WTF happens after 14 days? Are you now somehow immune. Does the 14 become 21? 28? Etc.
    I’m going to stay 1 day pure. Risk management is not risk elimination. 14 days stoopid.

baconologist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.