1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Office Chair recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by j cal, Mar 24, 2020.

1. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Working from home a lot lately and my $150 Office Depot chair isn't cutting it. Cushion flattened out a while ago, looking to see what you guys/gals are recommending.

I like (p)leather, but not a requirement. Willing to spend up to $600, whatcha guys liking?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

X-chair has good reviews

j cal likes this.
  3. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Herman Miller Aeron

Had mine for 12 years now. Search CL should be able to buy for $250-$300

Rico888, code3ryder and j cal like this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

IKEA JÄRVFJÄLLET. the internet speaks highly of it and I agree. ive been using it for 2yrs now.

im 5'9" with long legs and everything fits great. my coworker is 6'4" and it didnt work for him.

5. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

^^^This^^^ Not everyone likes them, but I'm a fan. If you are near Michigan you can pick them up at the Herman Miller Outlet store for $300-500 new.

j cal likes this.
  6. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Another vote for that. I like all mesh chairs though. No cushions to flatten out or smell.

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Office chairs are crazy expensive. I had been shopping for one for the home office but couldn’t see spending that much on one. I was drunk one night, can’t remember where but was a hotel in a big city and found a pile of used ones in the parking garage near my car. Took me a while the next morning to figure out why there was an office chair in the back of my car but after a good cleaning it’s pretty nice!

8. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

I found a used Steelcase chair that is fantastic. Very durable, was like a $700 chair new and got at a local office wholesaler / used furniture place for $150. Very good investment, as the 'big box' store chairs are crap and I got tired of buying a new one like every year or so. Herman Miller are good, but was more difficult for me to find at the time I went looking.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

j cal likes this.
  10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Googling that Aeron, mine is pretty identical to the Herman Miller Aeron Executive. I honestly don't know if it is that brand or another just like it. But I dig this chair. The mesh is nice.

11. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I think it's all about personal preference, so I went to Staples and sat in every chair they had on display for several minutes each.
    Took me the better part of an entire Saturday morning but I settled on a Beautyrest for a bit under $200.

12. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Is this it?

https://www.officeoutlet.net/

13. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

j cal likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As much time as many spend in a chair, getting a good one is essential. Anyone has the potential to make a chair that is comfortable for a few hours. The trick is making one that is comfortable in 3 years.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

+1000

17. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

/thread

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

FWIW, for me , the mesh chairs last well with no cushion deterioration and I like hard arms. The edge of my desk tends to take chunks out of the self skinning foams.

19. Fonda Dix

:D

20. Fonda Dix

I wont say who but an administrator in Utah recently bought three office chairs from me. I don't normally sell them, that's another division, but I helped him out since I do the autism program for the district.

He wanted three different comfort level chairs. One good for hours. One good for an hour. One good for a minute.

I found him each one and he bought them so I had to ask, why?

He said based on how he feels about a person meeting with him, he will seat them in the chair of his choice. This allows him to make them uncomfortable in the same span of time that he becomes uncomfortable with their presence. Hilarious, right?

That jackass has put me in the one minute chair ever since. :D

Wingnut and scottn like this.