1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well I mean yeah, its pretty obvious....they refer to it as the CCP Coronavirus. I doubt that would fly with most news outlets.

I was just intrigued by that number going up and up. If you look at all 3 of the country's major wireless carriers that have all been in the green repeatedly for the last several quarters/years. This was a noticeable change to that trend. As far as the facial recognition and lines being disconnected I would have to think that in a country of 1.4 billion, there would be a much larger ripple effect of that than 21 million accounts. Not to mention they wouldn't just disappear right. Maybe they got removed and then would be reinstated again and their overall numbers wouldn't/shouldn't change. Hence why I thought it was an alarming figure. The article talks about how it could explain about potentially about 15 million of those accounts.....but it still leaves 6 million that couldn't be accounted for.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah because all you rightous types are just trying to save the world. Nothing to do with being a self absorbed pricks trying to show the world how virtous you are.

cav115 and Spang308 like this.
  3. In my opinion, the actions of many individuals are overreactions. Buying all the shitwipe, families with one child hoarding a garage full of diapers, making a scene because someone coughed/sneezed in public, so on and so forth. The mass hysteria by the general public is somewhat ridiculous.

But as far as cancelling events, limiting travel, isolations, etc...I don't think we can accurately judge if that stuff is overreacting or not. I say that, because over the past weeks the number of infected and dead have multiplied across the globe, even with these restrictions.

Just imagine what those numbers would be if people ignored it, and kept going on with their normal routines.

I can assure you, I hate this shit as much as anyone. The oilfield is going to shit. Many rigs have had contracts terminated in the last 2 weeks...including mine. This is affecting everyone. I don't agree with all of it, and I damn sure don't like it, but I do believe a lot of it was necessary, regardless of how it affects me.

Not to mention my gym is closed. This is the longest ive went without going to the gym in years. That probably explains why im so on edge and in a shitty mood.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This thread is not even remotely close to the level of stupidity in the dungeon. It is far more diluted.

BSA43 and Sabre699 like this.
  5. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Just for clarification, are you saying not enough Americans have died so far from this virus to warrant the measures taken to stop it?
    If so, what in your opinion would be the correct response from the government given the current state of things?
    Or were you saying that more needs to be done to stop Americans from dying of, for example, heart disease?

6. :D

I love zoos, especially petting zoos. But I was scared to visit the zoo in Accra. Just like how I didn't visit the one in Mexico City or Cancun. I am very reluctant to visit zoos if I don't think they will be nice. I cant stand it when the animals look miserable. :(

We all know they are supposed to be out in the wild. But at least in some zoos they have plenty of room, are well fed, and seem healthy and ok. It pisses me off so bad when I go to zoos and they are shitholes, or the animals are trapped in small spaces, or just sit on concrete floors, etc. I want to let them all out.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You would get eaten immediately. Don't expect a Disney ending.

8. I dunno. I think they would like me. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I just can't figure out why you don't live out in the country on a giant spread and run a big wildlife sanctuary. You've got the dough, you've got the free time when you're not working, you love animals, you hate people, it's like a win, win, win, win, win (which you also like to do) all around.

Banditracer, HPPT and Gorilla George like this.
  10. I have asked myself that same question. :)...especially now with the uncertainty of the oilfield.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm sure they would. Protein-shake-flavored meat is probably tasty.

Rico888 and Shocker like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's actually something in the neighborhood of 300,000 Chinese in total that live in Italy and the majority are all in the northern part of the country. I'm sure they imported a bunch of cases from people returning from Chinese New Year.

13. :crackup:

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I'm confused...if one happens to become a mall shooter how does one identify who the "motherfuckers" truely are? :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Do it!. Actually ya know what, it's a terrible idea, I bet it would fail and you couldn't make it work, you probably shouldn't even try :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The gay boys and lesbians aren't. Everyone else........

R Acree likes this.
  17. It’s easy. Everyone is a motherfucker at that point. :D

Sabre699 likes this.

18. I see what you did there. :D

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe you should look for someone already doing it and partner with them. Places like that always need more support
    and you could still go to work when needed if someone else was running it day-to-day. You'd have a place to keep the
    next goat that catches your eye.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I respectfully disagree, for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.