1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Man I need to hood down with you.

2. joec

joec brace yourself

The guy at the end of my street is ex sf reserve Apache pilot.. The idiot has a catch box in the basement boiler room of his building up there.. He sits over there shooting for hours sometimes. It's like 30' wall to wall. I don't get it.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Hope he has good ventilation or he's going to severely regret that down the road. Spent rounds are some toxic stuff in confined spaces.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

:D

From my house you can see Fort Carson Army Base, Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station, airplanes on final at Peterson Air Force Base and the solar farm at USAFA. Crazy amount of military peeps here.

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

It has officially gone stupid here or at least I just noticed it on a personal level. Stopped at Walmart yesterday after work to grab a case of water, witnessed several grown women fighting over toilet paper that was still on the pallet and the two Walmart employees had just came through the back door with it. They were ambushed! In a way it was kind of comical but in the bigger picture very sad to witness.

I did not intervene instead grabbed one of 8 cases of water left on a pallet in the middle of the aisle. Proceeded to the beer cooler, all the shitty beer sold out! And I mean picked clean. Grabbed a pack of blue moons and some Michelob ultras and headed to the meat counter.

Completely wiped out at 3:30 in the afternoon. No beef no chicken no pork. Walked over to a slide up mid aisle freezer and they had plenty of my favorite sausage a local favorite Country pleasin, yep several here have had it trackside when I threw it on the grill. It’ll last forever and my home grill is natural gas so no shortage.

From what I observed Joe Publics hoarding buying tendencies seem to lean towards food that won’t last but 2-3 days in a fridge. Strolled through the produce and fresh veg aisle and there is plenty of good stuff to buy. Apparently the shit food eaters need all that toilet paper for a reason beyond the shitty beer they drink.

On another note my company has basically went 90% at home work so I’m gonna do the same thing over the weekend and just go get my whole pc setup and relocate it my home office. My wife works on the front line of all this shit storm in a local hospital. She is the 2nd shift lab supervisor of a large local hospital and they are slammed right now. Running out of essential stuff and everyone is on pins and needles about this. She is working the bench now even though she’s management they’re that short handed. They are handling positive specimens nightly. Would be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned for her well being and mine in the same sentence.

cBJr, gixxernaut, galloway840 and 2 others like this.
  6. That’s awesome.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bait.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Welp.....NYC is now the official epicenter of this thing in the US. 1/3 of the [known] cases in the country.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

Motor vehicle admin is closed until the state of emergency is lifted. People will have 30 days after that to clear any expired stuff.

And I guess no registrations transfers etc until then either.

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

His, and your, comment both went over my head. :D

beac83 and Dan Dubeau like this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

@joec,
    Sweet! Time to fire up the track bikes. :rock:

12. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Our local branch is closed also. I have two vehicles (ones a trailer) tags due by months end. I’m not too concerned about it. The main branch I’m to use during this is way out of my way I’ll get by there when I can. Meantime I am not stressing over it.

13. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Just bought a new truck and now won’t be able to register it.

14. Quicktoy

Won’t need to. It’s about to be mad max style across the US. ;)

joec, Pixelator and Phl218 like this.
  15. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I was just thinking about this. Impacts from unemployment and being cooped up. Then there will be folks who were already on the edge and just needed a gentle push from this. One of my wife’s coworkers picked up some hours at a different pharmacy location last Wednesday night. A junkie came in to rob them, then figured f it and blew his brains out in the store. Strange times.

16. Quicktoy

Omg. That’s horrible. I’m so sorry if she had to witness that.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

@Metalhead

still have them ghost pepper seeds? Wife is planting stuff right now, ima create a cure out of them.

need to ride anyways today. You home?

18. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I work in pharma. I’m working from home when I can but I really need to be on site. I’m in MO and we haven’t gone full lockdown, yet. But our neighboring state if IL has. I have many coworkers who live in IL and are stressing about breaking the lockdown order to get to work. Our company hasn’t issued anything yet as far as how to get to work. They’ve just said to work from home, be safe, and take care of your family....but production must go on, so figure something out.
    This really sucks.

19. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

tell your coworkers from Illinois to relax, it's ok to go to work if your company says you need to be there, you can go get gas and food without worries, I live in ill. and work at a hospital In mo.

sharkattack and Quicktoy like this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Science and statistics aside, I know this is the start of the apocalypse because For Whom The Bell Tolls has been playing nonstop in my head for a week now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.