1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You guys who are panicking over this virus need to get a grip. No matter how much y0u want it otherwise,
    this virus will kill about the same number of people the flu does every year. This is not the apocalypse.
    Try to quell your panic, it looks unseemly. You're racers, for God's sake.

Shocker and 418 like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Careful..you are in general.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There's nothing political there, just some people seem convinced that this has to be some science fiction movie
    where the human race is threatened and it just ain't gonna happen. Shades of Y2K.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm in Dana Point. You?

Remember, there's only 2 roads out of this place. Could get congested.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I really hope you are correct, but I'm seeing more and more info coming out that's not painting a very cheery picture. Again, don't keep thinking this is "just the flu", it really isn't. The flu doesn't do this to people....

https://www.iaslc.org/Portals/0/Editorial (Carbone).pdf?ver=2020-03-02-221054-687

If you're old, you're immunocompromised, you have co-morbidities I get it....you might die, fine. But this here is a valid concern....this is for the rest of the people who have mild or asymptomatic conditions yet the virus is still deteriorating the lung tissue. Not the flu bro.

Quicktoy and Gorilla George like this.
  6. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Get out of here with your academic white papers. Ain't nobody got time for science or math!!

Quicktoy and Gorilla George like this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Pasadena.

Panicking? I'm going to GTFO of LA for a while because I can, it's going to be a working vacation. Hopefully get the family used to living somewhere else. Maybe we'll stay.

Either swift state action works to contain the pandemic, or the pandemic spreads exponentially absent or in spite of such measures, the healthcare system collapses and we institute utterly draconian measures. Yes most of us will live regardless, but we're heading for global economic collapse.

8. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

9. I just saw a family of 4 in London Heathrow that looked like they were going into space.

They were in full Tyvek (plastic) suits, with the hoods on, plus boot covers over their shoes, and they were all wearing masks AND goggles.

They aren’t fucking around. :crackup:

I was gonna get their picture but the airport is like a ghost town. So everyone stands out.

10. Fuckinhell, I got out JUST in time. Ghana is closing the borders. No flights in or out “until further notice”.

Chino52405 and Yzasserina like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah but why? They have better health care and testing. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m not a ditzy astrology chick but yes mercury went retrograde which means very powerful time for us here on earth. We are receiving right now more than you know. In a good way. ;)

14. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

All businesses (non life critical) are shutting down here in PA. Good times.

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

That article is two weeks old. And with the difference in behavior of the virus between what we saw in China and what we see in Italy and the resulting death rate, its very likley that the strain we see in Italy is far more destructive and deadly than the one in China. Mutations matter.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Jeeesbus, how whinny can one be? Is there a butt hurt emoticon?...

:D

17. 418

418 Expert #59

I think the panic has a little bit to do with the fact that people don't want to face their own mortality. The propaganda machine had people convinced about how advanced society is now and I think most people have been coddled into thinking that for the most part we've got this figured out and nothing can happen that we can't control. I mean for fucksake they got people thinking we can affect global warming if you just pay more taxes.

I have always said that people seemed entirely too obsessed with hanging on to whatever this is instead of treating it as a rite of passage.

Times like these remind us that we ain't in the driver's seat.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've been saying for a while we need a big natural disaster or something similar to give the current generation of whiny spoiled bitches a harden the fuck up dose of reality. I guess this is it.

David-imoddavid and SPL170db like this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Except it's going to backfire and make them even more dependent. It's all they know.

Sabre699, Quicktoy, Ducti89 and 3 others like this.
  20. I’ve got enough good gas and 2T oil to last a bit, if it all shuts down we can still ride at least. Around my house it’s wake up. Do school work. Go play outside. We are killing the virus and making a blanket of 2t smoke to stop the virus. Well that and we are isolating to our hood which is not densely populated. Time to go spread pine straw. Only 120 bales left before next 200 arrive Monday.

A. Barrister, Fonda Dix and motion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.