1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 sv650 project

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Peeweesp, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Peeweesp

Peeweesp Well-Known Member

Hey guys.

So i picked this bike up a little while ago and i just don't think i am going to get to it this winter. I got it from a guy who crashed it pretty seriously at the track. So basically what you see is what you get. It comes with a smashed up tank and i have a smashed up tail. Other wise there is no body work.

The bad
    Front forks are bent pretty bad.
    There is a crack in the case that has been JBwelded
    Needs a lot of attention and work, It looks like it sat outside for a long time before i got it.

The good.
    It runs lol
    Has an Ohlins rear shock.
    Clean new york title. (it signed by the PO i never transferred so depending on your state i know its taboo some places)

Ill post some pictures in a few

Located in Milford PA. Im looking for 600$ or ill consider trades for a small bike I.e xr80-xr70 klx?

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. Peeweesp

Some pictures I have more

Attached Files:

3. Peeweesp

Here’s a few more

Attached Files:

4. Harry Reynolds

Harry Reynolds Well-Known Member

I have an entire front end from my 06 that would bolt right on. If anyone is interested in this project but worried about the forks.

5. Peeweesp

anyone? lol i know its rough

6. Peeweesp

Open to offers I got some others I’m working on. I don’t have time or space for this

7. Peeweesp

Bump I still got this thing sitting in the garage, runs.

8. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Part it out IMO. The work it takes isn't worth it to most even if it's free.

Free bump.

RRP likes this.
  9. Can you send a picture of the crack in the case? i live in NJ pretty close to where you are.

10. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

11. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

What is going on here? @Pro Speed Racin was trying to sell this for $1,500 just yesterday, but the OP is asking for $600, and someone (not the OP) bumps the thread.. @Mongo some weird shit going on lol

BlueR32 likes this.
  12. Pro Speed Racin

Pro Speed Racin Well-Known Member

Odd how this post got bumped after you asked the price.. I am having the bike shipped to me here (FLA) to be gone thru. GSXR front end and bodywork will be installed if i don't just part the whole thing out.