1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh wow. That’s absolutely amazing and awesome of you. Will absolutely take you up on this. And I try to return stuff in better shape than I borrowed it. Yours being new I won’t be able to but we will keep as close to new as possible. Wow. Thank you.

2. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

So per this article, the 15 day pause is only really going to delay things by 15 days. Once you allow everyone to go back to work you pick up right where you left off 15 days ago. I just don't really know if it's feasible to keep these restrictions (and possibly add new ones) in place for 3 months?

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Who knew.....
    Crashing the economy is NOT the answer to this problem.

jrsamples and bacolmm like this.
  4. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

It's not like that, this is a health and social crisis, with financial crises consequences. The GFC was a financial crisis with a financial solution. A financial solution now will not revive dead people and bring closed businesses back. I don't know about your govt's bazooka, but ours will largely be via support to existing lending institutions, so not down to the people where it needs to be. Imo it will be too late by the time it is realised/appreciated how effed this is.

5. baconologist

This is NOT a crisis
    Start there and formulate a plan.

Spang308 likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Found the latest arsonist...

cav115 likes this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This unjustified house arrest and destruction of our economy must end. If collateral damage is part of every other war then sorry, it’s part of this war too.

The way forward is for America to get back to work right now.

AC1108 and baconologist like this.
  8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Not inferring it`s not real, but here in western Ohio, not a case in a hospital yet, even in bigger cities.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s an interesting read of supposition and worst case scenarios modeled out of thin air, if my reading of white papers is correct...

Garbage in, garbage out

baconologist and cav115 like this.
  10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I see and hear way too many different views.... yesterday the pres`s team said the WHO sent out hundreds of thousands of faulty tests to europe and other countries.

So lots of false results? If you listen and watch the media, it sure looks serious. Time will tell.

What is certain is it`s closing a lot of businesses.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Here’s the phrase to look out for...

“We assumed a...”

And if you assumed something different? If your assumptions are wrong? How do your conclusions stand up to any of the variables you fudged being nudged?

Scientific method don’t amount to much when you’re scientifically applying voodoo.

cav115 likes this.
  12. baconologist

Like global warming?

tl1098, bacolmm and jrsamples like this.
  13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I sure hate to see the carnage all the panic is causing. Nashville chronically empties the grocery shelves every time a weatherman says we might get more than 2 inches of snow. The reaction here to all the Corona virus hysteria has dwarfed that by several orders of magnitude. Bunch of chicken littles.

cav115 likes this.
  14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

No worries, D.C. is going pay ever body. Just turn the clock off, nobody cares anymore.

GRH likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Except that someone has to produce the goods that fill the grocery store shelves...and deliver them. Don't see a lot on that aspect in the media coverage. You skinny people could be in trouble.

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Bad news: My shrub growers have many thousands of dug trees that were ordered ~last November. Retailers won't accept delivery.

Good news: My friend is plant manager at the toilet paper factory. He said he's at 160% of previous estimated max capacity.

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

[​IMG]

18. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Good luck.

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The conservative CDC numbers are a million US deaths from this. That is a crisis.

pscook likes this.
  20. baconologist

better get busy

upload_2020-3-18_9-32-31.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.