1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now the restaurants are starting to close...

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, do they own the building they poured in all that cash?

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What town? Might try in hit you up if we're in the vicinity.

3. rd400racer

Nope, leased.

I don't know jack squat about actually running a fast food restaurant, but the construction company that I was part owner of builds every McDonalds in Kentucky, along with about 5 other fast food franchises. So I know everything about the construction of them. I've been in them enough to know it's a 24/7/365 enterprise for the owner.

ducnut likes this.
  4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I thought they were going to boom during the housing market crash when people were having to downsize but didnt want to get rid of their shit. 13 years later and I see a new storage facility being built each month.

My brother uses a storage facility for inventory storage as its cheaper for him to rent a couple units than a whole warehouse.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A lot of small businesses use them instead of a warehouse. They are more expensive per SF, but there is no long term lease and the cost is incremental.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

stk0308, jrsamples, Shocker and 2 others like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, that's brutal. Restaurants are a crap shoot to start with but some are licenses to print money IF you're willing to kill yourself. You are there 24/7.

An old joke from dudes I know in the NYC restaurant business is:
    Year 1, you steal everything you can
    Year 2, you steal just enough to break even.
    Year 3, you spend all your time keeping everyone else from stealing you blind.

This stems from most NY restaurants being out of business in year 1, year 2 you should be starting to come close to breaking even and year three is when you start to see a profit. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I thought Dancing BEar would have been a Captain Kangaroo kinda thing.

Looks nice.

9. rd400racer

baconologist likes this.
  10. baconologist

i changed my name over there :)

rd400racer likes this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

baconologist likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

baconologist likes this.
  13. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I like it a lot more than subway, but I think the costs are outragous

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

15. baconologist

awesome!
    Midweek is always good. Avoid the weekend after Mothers Day.
    Figure out your dats and check the site for availability. Let me know if theres a conflict

16. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Grabbed a quick lunch at chick-fil-a today and they’re not using plastic trays for inside dining right now due to the covid bs.

Makes one wonder were they washing these things before. :eek: Another observation the drive thru was extremely busy more so than usual and hardly no one inside. The ones inside were noticeably sitting further away from each other including me. :D

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm anti social and love this.

cav115 likes this.
  18. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I’m anti social as well I always try to pick the far off spots inside. I won’t haul food or eat food in my truck so I’m pretty good at the inside establishment eating ritual.

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Brother has ~550 storage units. Must be doing well, because he’s about closed his auto repair business and only works on what he feels like. He has every toy one can imagine, two houses, etc.

No way I’d ever get into the restaurant business, after being around them and their ownerships. Tough way to try and earn a living.

20. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

Meh, I'd either go in on a DIY carwash or a banana stand.