1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope you guys in Energy sector are going to be ok....

Discussion in 'General' started by Rebel635, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You are in the dog popper scooper business, right? If so, do you also walk them, etc. for an extra fee?

I ask because my wife pays a lady 15 a day to let our dog go to the bathroom and she walks our dog every weekday while we are slaving away. She also dos the pooper scooper routine.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Jeez man, when you said "rough last few days" - you weren't kidding. You win.

hang in there.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Scooping and grooming.

40+ grooming vans/Transits eat a boatload of gas, much more than the 6 poop trucks.

We haven't yet started a walking/sitting business simply due to profitability and competition, though we do definitely have a hella customer database.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

The Fed just hits control+P (print)
    The BOJ and PBOC does the same thing and buys UST's
    The Swiss are a little more savy and after they print money out of thin air to keep their currency from appreciating they go buy stocks direct https://www.holdingschannel.com/13f/swiss-national-bank-top-holdings/

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I think I get that.

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

So how did the USD become the world reserve currency? If it's just printed from nothing?

And yes, I'm sure we can learn something from the Swiss banking system. But given the US banking system is exponentially bigger and several orders of magnitude more vital to the world economy...I would say they can learn some things from us.

Anyway, I just love it when people think it's all so easy to just do what someone else is doing. Never mind the world's brightest and most successful financial minds are all working hard to keep the United States a clear number 1. It's exactly like club racers telling Repsol Honda and MM93 what he should be doing.

RossK6, Boman Forklift and Thistle like this.
  7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

The US banking system was the only one left standing after WW2

Rebel635 likes this.
  8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

It was certainly the strongest left standing. And here we are today almost 75 years later with 61% of the world's foreign currency reserves still held in USD completely by choice.

9. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Not sure about this part but I agree with the rest

Rebel635 likes this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Sorry man, I cant remember now... I'm churning and burning this stuff... Biotech and med are making $ too if you know how to play. I got 250 shares of INO @ $5.75 yesterday and sold today @ $8.50 ... almost $700! Co-Diagnostics was up over 100% today at one point. (CODX)

I grabbed a ton of CPE @ $0.50, and gonna wait til it gets back up to $1 lol... double your money. I mean $500 gets you 1000 shares! Not everything has to be big dollars... the little stuff has tons of peaks and valleys during each day.

The key, for me anyway, is not to hold this stuff... I'm on a strict 24-48 hour cycle with the current market climate. INO for example seems to have a daily pattern and if you time it right you can buy low sell high, then dump it back in for the next cycle.

Long term Boeing is taking a beating, and you know that won't last forever... buy the dip if you can afford it. Disney almost hitting $100/sh, NCL dropping like crazy (DUH!) was over $50 just 2.5 weeks ago and today went under $15/sh ... these are the long term buy/hold stocks in my mind. Everything at or approaching 52-week lows, or below already. If you got spare cash buy some big dogs and hold on for the ride. :D

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. Deckwan

Deckwan Member

I am no expert but I am pretty sure if you try to sell your oil in something other than $ you will be droned or otherwise have your country attacked.

Rebel635, Phl218 and GRH like this.
  12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Are you clairvoyant?

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Was amazing to see our city slow down yesterday. Waaaay less traffic out and waaay less customers coming in.

14. Boman Forklift

OMG, I’ve never been to them and have talked to my wife about it for years. This could be my golden opportunity!!!

Since we aren’t going to see Tyler at the EOM, might be time for a little drive.

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

CODX up 137% so far .... if you bought it yesterday and sell today you can make some $$$. :D

16. Boman Forklift

Wow, Mongo that was a tough week, Glad you and Evelyne are back home and doing better.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

With a baking crisis, wouldn't that be an eclair-voyant? o_O

Phl218 likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So like I was saying, he might want to reconsider. :D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They had changed to Brussels. I think more recent development have made that a non-starter. Haven't talked to the mini-blonde in a couple days.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I read when you said that that the new destination was Brussels. I didn't reply but that didn't really didn't change my prediction. Brussels isn't very far. A lot of people live in France and work in in Belgium.