1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for CBR600RR Clutch recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by Night_King, Mar 11, 2020.

?

Top Pick

1. EBC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Vesrah

16.7%
  4. Barnett

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. OEM

83.3%
  1. Night_King

Night_King Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to install a Yoyodyne slipper into my CBR600RR track bike and figured I would replace the clutch since I have it apart. Bike has 14,000 miles on it and I have no info on the clutch history.

I see EBC, DP, Vesrah, OEM and Barnett when I search online. Is there a preferred performance brand that stands out over another or is this more of a personal preference type question?

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

OEM plates, possibly Barnett springs.

Night_King and TurboBlew like this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

OEM first... ebc is acceptable. NEVER EVER BARNETT fibers or plates. If you need heavier springs source them from a reputable shop like Brock or a performance oriented shop. In a pinch you can shim them.

Also if you have the time drop the oilpan & pickup to make sure no debris or material is in proximity of the pickup

Night_King likes this.
  4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Brock's does not sell any Honda parts.
    And what's wrong with Barnett springs ?

5. Night_King

Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like OEM is the way to go.

6. TurboBlew

springs are honda specific??
    I didnt say anything bad about Barnett springs... simply suggested sourcing parts from a reputable shop that has the ability to test springs so you can verify you are getting a heavier rate than stock... not just some springs painted red.

Night_King likes this.
  7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Why wouldn't you just inspect the current clutch when its apart? Could be like new. My F4i clutch was in great shape when I last took it apart at 86,000miles.

Night_King likes this.
  8. Night_King

I'm leaning that way now that I can't seem to find OEM plates. (2006 model) But I figured since I had it open I would just replace it. I'd rather spend an $150 now while it's apart instead of having to do it at a later date. Plus if it's in good shape I can just keep it as a spare to take to the track in case I ever need it.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yes spring are specific.
    I sell Barnett springs.
    Found some from a Honda that were slightly longer and much stronger than the springs they made for the Kawi 650.
    I've been selling them for 10 years now. Buy them in packs of 100
    Engine builder friend of mine has a SPI Tension & Compression tester.
    Every spring was within 1.5 inch pounds of each other.

TurboBlew and Night_King like this.
  10. This. Barnett springs are good on all that I’ve tested but would never use their fibers. Just as important as the avg spring weight is variation in all 5/6 springs, especially of for example you have 3 of the “lighter” ones on one side by chance.

TurboBlew and Night_King like this.
  11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

EBC is even worse.
    After Vesrah cut back on contingency, I cut a deal with Garry Gallagher. He sent me several springs to test.
    All were shit. Told me they did not make them. At least you know Barnett is made in house.

12. TurboBlew

so basically what I said... :)

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Contacts not in. Misread you post.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell