1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08-15 R6 gear position sensor anyone fab one up ?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by phatbob, Mar 6, 2020.

1. phatbob

phatbob Active Member

Hi

I know you can do trans speed based gear estimate (rpm vs speed) but wondering, has anyone ever fabbed up an R6 trans to take a barrel position sensor or found one that can be shoved in there ?

Thanks

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

3. phatbob

phatbob Active Member

no as in like ppl have tried and theres no good way or no like no ones really spent time on it cuz not really worth it for what you'd have to do ?

thx for the response

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Way too much work and the new generation has all that. Legacy electronics have no R and D. Move forward with that on your own and make no dollars.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

I haven't done it on an R6 but I have done it on other bikes. What I did was machine the shift drum so it has a ramp where the neutral switch goes. Then we mounted a small potentiometer through the hole for the neutral switch.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. phatbob

phatbob Active Member

oh thats an idea i hadnt thought of (all my ideas centered around trying to put a rotary potentiometer on the shaft or case)... interrsting. And yea RM Racing I agree looks like a lot of work with no profit but im thinkin of doin it myself for me as a keen hobbyist with too much time LoL

7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

My 16 R6 had a flash where the speedo was a gear indicator. it was speed based but worked really well. 10,20,30,40... would display for gearing

8. gelme

gelme Well-Known Member

Who flashed it? Was it a stock ecu or YEC? I'm interested in this

9. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

I have this on my bike. Mine is the FTECU race team package 2. Not sure if their other flashes do the same or not.

gelme likes this.