1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dungeon: What happened?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Mar 3, 2020.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope sheep are always polite and kind, well until we take over the world at least.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

That picture of MadBrad about to gitdatasswhooped, always makes me laugh...

R Acree likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

it's in the youtube thread

speedluvn likes this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Nicely played.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Shutup

6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Get in line behind Pinky and the Brain.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That picture is kind of eerie... :eek:

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Kind of have a dungeon feeling back, talks of fish pics, dick pics, Bernie, drinking to much, bad rum, sword fights, crocodiles, locker rooms buck ass naked, preachers, mushrooms, Jambalaya, Russians, dune buggys, sheep, got worms?? The list could go on. Got to love the "not dungeon"

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

But you’re back where grammar counts.
    too*

11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

back to normal spelling nazis, :beer:

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

You are correct. I (misspoke) as they say. I meant the crowd at NESR.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I beg to differ.

The Dungeons I know are places of catharsis, joy, pain, laughter and tears. They are places where one may experience spiritual enlightenment. They are places of learning much about yourself and about others. They are places where you reveal new knowledge of self, and where new perspectives are seen for the first time. They are places where life-long bonds are made and reinforced.

Of course, I'm speaking of real-world BDSM oriented dungeons, not some fantasy storybook dungeon, or some prison of state oppression and torture.

As for the Dungeon here on the beeb - good riddance. It had ceased to be a place where one could discuss ideas that were foreign to you, perhaps gaining a new perspective.

Over the last year or two the beeb dungeon had become a ideologically stoic, troll driven endless repetition of 'get off my lawn' sycophants. It had outlived its purpose. I'm glad its gone. I hope it stays gone.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Jed and Past Glory like this.
  14. Quicktoy

Aren’t you technically bringing the dungeon out here with your signature quote? Do as I say not as I do?

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So far, the mods have neither warned me about nor banned me for my sig.

Why you trollin'?

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Absolutely 100% respectfully disagree. Perspectives were changed including mine. I enjoyed the sparring because it's challenging. The best kind of change is when self reflection comes from facing opposition. Not unlike your BDSM musings. It did not "cease", it was still a great arena for ideas, news, facing opposing viewpoints and most of all self-reflection.

I believe that the people that can't handle it and praise the time-out are not willing or maybe not capable of realizing that you can grow as a person by facing opposition. They don't understand the benefit of a little trolling, it's inviting the challenge...think of it as an invitation. I was enjoying BuckWilds return and trolling attempts. It was fun. He's obviously a cool dude but people probably didn't get that he was trolling to get conversation going. Notice that he never fought hard to defend any trolling, only threw out bait. I was hoping for more follow up from him. Because there's probably some great things to be learned there. Sadly I might not get that if the dungeon is gone so I use Buck as an an example of someone that I would enjoy learning from his life experience and perspective.

I really enjoyed an interview with ex Ducati CEO Michael Locke where he talked about dealing with the Italians. He described how that if you were to watch their meetings, you would see yelling, fist pounding on the table and very passionate Italians looking like it's about to be physical. He said that when you have to fight hard to get your point across, the best ideas come from that and good decisions are made. For me, the dungeon does that.

If it's gone, it's actually a little depressing for someone like me who thrives on growing as a person by facing opposition. The beeb dungeon was by far the best arena that I've found for this. So I hope it's a timeout, but it ain't my sandbox. :beer:

tl1098, YamahaRick, TXFZ1 and 3 others like this.
  17. Quicktoy

Asking two questions is trolling? Got it. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy.

18. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

All I can say, is that I agree with these sentiments 100%. It was a place for me to go and express my feelings. As BlkDuc stated, have my perspective changed or reshaped a bit form time to time.
    This whole forum was the best I've ever found, bar none. I could ask just about anything, on just about any subject, and there would be one to many experts on the subject, posting often w/in minutes on it.
    The best for the motorcycle things too- w/o being brand prejudice.

Those that say good riddance? That is VERY Selfish.
    Hello? You never HAD to read one post or thread in the Dungeon, did you?

Suck's w/o the Dungeon as the 'Free Speech' zone.

I want my money back :Poke::Poke::Poke:
    I'll settle for the Dungeon though.:flag::clap::beer:

Banditracer and blkduc like this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not a lot of room in just 1%.

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

9.5 :clap: