1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 SV650 FCR flat slide tuning.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by track wagon, Feb 22, 2020.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I just picked up a new SV I am in SoCal San Diego area. Anyone know of a guy that can tune these carbs and has a Dyno?

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Is the motor highly built? A certain person not too far north of you knows these like the back of his hand.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Zoran and Spears are a ways away. The motor is a total loss charging system...... 2 mm over with mega cams. Its fully built.

4. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Hit up Zoran, he will get you set up. These carbs are easy to work on, but if you don't know what you are doing, you might be better off sending them out to him to give them a once over.

If you are going to mess with them yourself, you'll want to get some extra gaskets and o-rings. Zoran can get whatever you need from Sudco and he has some other o-rings he sources for the needle seats that last longer than the keihin ones.

TurboBlew and RRP like this.
  5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Noted I will pull them and send them out tot him .

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Zoran is the best source for info and help.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Also, if you've never owned an SV with Flatslides, they make some noise. The first weekend we had ours, thankfully Zoran was there, because I thought I had a valve clearance issue upon starting it. Fortunately Zoran told me flatslides sound like that, before I wasted a bunch of time chasing down a non existent problem.:crackup:

RRP, TurboBlew and track wagon like this.
  8. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

9. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I bought my flat slides from Zoran around 5 years ago and never touched them afterwards other than an annual cleaning.