1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville Peeps...you OK?

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 3, 2020.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Looks like you folks had some seriously nasty weather. I hope everyone weathered the storm.

2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Jay posted on FB he’s ok.

Pretty bad up there right now though with several fatalities reported.

3. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Paging Lawn Dart to the white courtesy phone. Chris you alright?

'sup Rick?

Lawn Dart likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Getting old, how you been?

5. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Turned 50 myself. Oooof. Where the fuck did my 40's go?

Moved to Valdosta in October, which has been a great change from Columbia.

Just texted Dart, he's fine and his Dad too.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I just woke up to a text from the wife saying "tornado in Nashville". We were so close to moving to that area, we still feel a little connection like we may still end up there some day. I Hope everyone here on the beeb from the area is ok. Prayers for the entire Nashville area.

7. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Both my kids are there and said the place is a mess with some fatalities. Sad.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've seen reports of 9 so far.

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Most of the damage is North and East of downtown, I'm on the West side and its pretty minimal here. East Nashville looks to have been carpet bombed.

10. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm just south of Nashville and we got nothing. i-40 looks to be a mess

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Same here - I'm west in Bellevue. South of I-40, and it cut a track just north of I-40.

My buddy's wife works for the MNFD, and was working in 98 when the other tornado hit town. This one took almost the exact same track. I think geography plays a role in where these things hit here. Edit: Forgot to add this... 98 was a tornado above ground level, so didn't quite damage as much. This one was ground level, so much more dramatic and destructive.

It absolutely leveled parts of Germantown, East Nashville, Donelson, Hermitage, Mt. Juliet and Lebanon.

Has anyone heard from Chris Parrish? (Edit: he's good - I just checked FB)

Also, if you're not in Nashville and don't have NBC Channel 4, you're missing hours and hours of nothing but Lindsey Nance on screen talking about traffic closures. She'd make Steeltoe hurt himself and die from dehydration.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Just heard 19 dead at this point on the news. That's awful. Hope all the beeb folks are safe. Video footage looks like a war zone.

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The helicopter footage of the airport is crazy:(:eek:

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

We live in Nashville as well. We got a lot luckier than others in the area. Still haven't heard from some of my friends who live in Hermitage so I'm a little concerned.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I just read 19 fatalities at the latest count :(

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Here's hoping the count doesnt get any higher. I used to do business with a big company in Lebanon...hope all those peeps are OK....

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The count is up to 22. Damn.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yea, the count seems to keep getting worse. Parrish's house is near the affected area so it's good to hear he's ok. He's the only racer that I know for sure lives over there. But I also don't know all the folks in this area anymore. Definitely a shit ton of damage.

I didn't even know about it until driving into work this morning. The radio show I listen to is based out of Michigan and as soon as I turned it on they're talking about how bad Nashville got hit last night. So I'm just like "damn, what did I miss last night that has already made national news?" Then they go to one of their breaks and the local DJ takes over and is talking about how east nashville got hammered and multiple people confirmed dead. I work at a plant in east Nashville so I then spend the rest of my drive wondering if I'm going to pull into work to find a flattened building. Turns out it missed us by a couple of miles but our call out rate this morning was through the roof. Dozens of people here with significant property damage. So far, none of our employees injured or killed that we are aware of but I also don't know that we would even know yet if there were.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I've had a truck trying to deliver in Clarksville. He was sitting for hours on I40 in Lebanon. Said many 18 wheelers blown over there. He's finally made it to C'ville, said there's huge damages. Now he has to go back through it to make it home.

Wish the best for the injured, and comfort for the families of the dead.

20. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

My son is in Clarksville/Ft. Campbell. All OK there.

YamahaRick likes this.