1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post up your pro racing treasures

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 26, 2020.

1. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Got this from when back in the day I had to go down and do some testing for them. Doing to testing on the engine blocks for the old truck team.

The King walked past me and the engineer I was working with and went straight to Maurice and said who the hell are those guys?

Spent a week with the boys, that was pretty cool

Attached Files:

2. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I threw away about 100 autographed posters I had a few years back. Still have my Laguna "weekend of champions" one though autographed by about 20 past champions. Won it on ebay in an auction by Ducshop where proceeds went to the AFF. Wish I could say I had been there and got it in person

3. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I have a National Guard #54 hat signed by Jake Zemke.

4. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Love Pro Mod. Wicked fast door slammers. Can't remember but didn't y'all run 100% nitro and one mag? I still dig watching PM today. They always put on a great show.

5. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Here's one of mine I'm pretty proud of.

Attached Files:

Sabre699 and motion like this.
  6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

100% alcohol and one mag. That was almost the only difference in motors ..

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I have Larry Pegram's '05 Ducati 749RS. I kept all of the original bodywork, as he raced it in AMA Formula Xtreme. The bike has a neat history, I think it was used first in Italian SuperSport (the bottom of the RS seat pan has some Italian guy's name on it) Then it went back to the factory and was one of 4 built by Ducati Corse for AMA FX. Stroker crank and 999RS sand cast cases, painted to look stock, so it's an 848cc. Two were delivered to Pegram, and 2 to Marty Cragill. The Cragill bikes are at Boulder Motorsports, one has been raced by Shane Turpin.

Larry's bike also has some neat mods, like a handmade quick change for the D-200, I believe the first year it was an FX race. Dave Weaver was on the crew at that time, and shaved the brake caliper down by hand.

pegram body.jpg

8. Gino230

9. Gino230

I also have Anne Robert's MotoAmerica 600 SS engine....'09 R6....that's for sale, BTW :crackup:

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I have my cornerworker vest that Nicky signed for me after his first GP win at Laguna Seca.

Quicktoy, Senna, tiggen and 6 others like this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t have the lower or upper from Yates GSXR 1000 he crashed in the wet at Road America that Kevin Schwantz had to jump over the pit wall to help out the Yosh team and simply threw them over the pit wall into the paddock at my feet when, Iirc Mladin also went down, and they were frantically trying to get both ready for the rest start. Nope, I don’t have them.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    5axis and motion like this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

A photo of my FAV Racer Kevin Schwantz sitting on the gas-tank of my 929-stuntbike w his legs over the handlebars, in the parking lot @ at Barber in 2005

14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

One of my most prized race possessions, given to me by a friend at the track.

Attached Files:

NemesisR6 likes this.
  15. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

Got this in winner circle 2010 , from Martin Cardenas. Barber's motor sports park.

Attached Files:

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Pm me details?

17. Gino230

18. Gino230

You guys got me thinking after this last post, I mounted up the Pegram bodywork and took a few photos. Anyone recognize the names on that seat pan?

19. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I keep trying to remember to get some pictures, but failing. I've gotten a number of interesting goodies over the years, many as stuff "auctioned" off at the Chris Carter show during Bike Week in Daytona. But, a textual of a couple of my favorites:
    1. A huge poster (4x5 foot or so printed on a vinyl material) that was used in the Honda tent at Daytona the year after Nicky won the championship. It is Nicky taking his victory lap with the flag. We really liked it in the tent, and somebody asked what they did with them after the show. "Throw them away" was the answer. Damn, I wish I would asked first. But... The guy asking was only interested in another one with the new CBR600 on it, and knew little about racing. Score! We drug it home on the bike and I paid a small fortune to have it mounted and framed.
    2. A pair of signed Rodger Lee Hayden gloves from his Kawasaki days.
    3. A signed Kevin Schwantz knee puck.
    4. A signed Ducati Austin embroidered team shirt (Eric Bostrom and .
    5. A plaque I bought when I had a VIP ticket to Indy MotoGP and got signed by a bunch of riders (Rossi, Lorenzo, etc.).
    6. A signed cross section slice of a slick by the Honda Factory Daytona team that year (Miguel, Jake Z, Kurtis Roberts, Alex Gobert)
    7. Tons of signed posters, hats, etc. The big Honda Rider's club wing ding they used to have at Daytona every year was a big source of those.
    8. A "Day of Champions" poster from the east coast (Daytona) and west coast (Laguna Seca MotoGP).
    That is the best of the stuff I got myself for next to nothing from "being there". I have bits and pieces I have actually paid money for and was not "there". Not as interested in that generally, but I occasionally come across something too cool to pass up, or get something nice as a gift. Mercedes F1 wheel nut (made into a clock), Jordan F1 wheel nut, Honda F1 milled aluminum cover for something or another, a top fuel piston signed by Darrell Gwynn.

Yes, I love my little tchotchkes...

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just the one that says “TOoL”. Is that you? :D

Gino230 likes this.