1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have your N95 masks yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 27, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Im from the 70's. We didnt have no pads, no helmets and played in the dirt. My immune system is on point. Come at me virus-bro! Ima kick Corona Virus in the head like a spider monkey.

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yep, geezers are fucked.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I hear the CDC issued beard guidelines.

Does this mean all the lumbersexuals are soon to join the choir invisible?

4. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Check your local paint store. I found a couple at Sherwin Williams yesterday.

when all this bullshit calms down I'll have a few for the garage anyway.

I recommend stocking up on Vitamin C pouches to boost your immune system, that'll help more than anything.

5. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So with an N95, you get just 5% of the germs instead of all of them?

K51000 and Phl218 like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup. People are calling the auto parts stores looking for N95 masks too. Took two calls tonight for them.

Oddly, they didn’t ask me for the price of the paint respirators we have, since all our cheap ass disposable filter masks are gone daddy gone.

Pretty sure I’ve got a box of them at the shop. I should see what the going rate is for them. :D

8. Falcondrvr

Falcondrvr Well-Known Member

Rural King had a few boxes on the shelf yesterday down in Huntsville AL . I’ve got an M50 though so I think I’ll be good to go with that.

Anyway, like others have said, it sounds like it’s not too bad if you get it unless you’ve already got some other issues. Many of my coworkers are worried about “bringing it home”... so that’s our main issue.

9. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I been wondering if Keith Richards is going to be lonely after this all plays out...

cav115, R Acree, auminer and 2 others like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He’ll have Betty White to chum around with. ;)

cav115 and iagsxr like this.
  11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

bacteria v. viruses brosef... good luck with your flu haha

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Guy sitting next to me coming back from SFO has what can only be described as a triangular shaped napkin hanging from an elastic band, like the bottom of it is flapping open/loose. Should I tell him that thing is doing absolutely nothing more than making you look ridiculous....He just lifted up the bottom flap to sip out of his water bottle :crackup:

K51000 likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

vs garlic??

K51000 and Phl218 like this.
  14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Well I live in Venice Florida, the retirement capital USA. Average age in the off-season when the snowbirds aren’t here.....73. And there are over 3,000 kids in our high school. Safe to say that soon we may lose half our population to Coronavirus. Thank god. I can finally go back to doing (at least) the speed limit in the left lane again.

TurboBlew and Shocker like this.
  15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I got 40+ years of cig and weed tar clogging my shit. I'm effing invinsible. Or Imma die. Fuck it.

969 and K51000 like this.
  17. joec

joec brace yourself

The masks are to prevent transmission. Not to keep you from getting it.

Newsshooter and pscook like this.
  18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'm coming out of pneumonia right now. Still coughing a lot but feel fine otherwise. Figured I would get a mask and get some work done at the office yesterday. Bad call. The sight of someone coughing with a mask on set the general public into a panic everywhere I went and I bailed on the idea in under an hour.

scottn, K51000, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Falcondrvr

Falcondrvr Well-Known Member

It’s absolutely brutal to drive down there.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

This is why I drive a diesel excursion. Move bitch. Get out the way.