1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here have the real Aprilia RSR 125 GP?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by grendels_arm, Feb 17, 2020.

1. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

If that was the one out of New York, I think he was asking $65k.

2. Raging inferno

Raging inferno Well-Known Member

I know someone with an RSA250 who'd part with it for around that.

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

where were you a year ago? haha. not that i'm not in love with how my Vdue thing will shape up here, but i coulda been persuaded. maybe in a couple more years i guess...

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I guess I better jump on a 500cc GP bike before they get too crazy (hahahaha).

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I like your style.

A. Barrister likes this.
  6. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Sweatypants likes this.
  7. Sweatypants

RRP likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That’s a sweet bike.

9. barrygils

barrygils Registered

I have a 2001 ran by Campenillo, imported to USA in 2004, won the USGPRU championship in 05 with Garrett Carter, PJ Jacobsen won some select races on it in 06. Has not been run much since. You can reach me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss. Thanks.

motion likes this.
  10. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

These Aprilias are achingly beautiful bikes. All GP bikes are cool but these Aprilias are truly a sight to behold. The Valentino Rossi connection helps. All GP bikes are a PITA to run. Such is the price to run at the bleeding edge of the performance envelope. I'm happy to see people parade these bikes. Can't be easy to keep them running or to ride them (even slowly). I appreciate owners sharing pics and bringing their bikes out so the public can enjoy also.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, how much are they now? I don't know why, but that seems reasonable. I could see buying one, if it comes with spares, just so I could ride it at least once in my life, hopefully not crash it, and then probably move it on to the next owner.

motion likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rob, I don't have many items left on my bucket list, but riding a 500cc GP bike on a track is one of them. There's a guy in San Diego with several... you could start bugging him :D

Boman Forklift and pro69ss like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think I know who you are talking about, and I think all his are V2's? If it is who I think it is, I thought he might let Tyler try one at one time, but in reality I didn't ask and I'm too slow for him to want me to ride his bike....so I'm buying...LOLOLOL

I'm guessing after I sell my building we should just buy one together, as it is on my list too. You and I both ride it, I have to let my best friend ride it, and then let my kid and your kid smoke us, and then sell it? I don't really have a desire to have it sit in my place forever, even though it would be cool.

I'm starting to think about all the shit my kids and wife would have to get rid of when I croak and I've started getting rid of stuff!!!!

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

@rob linders Nope Nope Nope. When I get one, I'm going to cling onto it till I croak. If I only have a few bikes left at that point, its OK. But don't worry, the 3 of us will all have a chance to ride it :)

I've been hoarding 2 stroke stuff for years but its all organized pretty well. My plan for retirement is to do something with it all to keep me busy. Not sure what. But I get it.... I don't want my kids to have to deal with all the stuff.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. Sweatypants

motion and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

17. Sweatypants

yea man for sure. those were just 2 i specifically remembered because of who's they were. the only thing still for sale right now is that white 92' Harris one that's been floating around forever. i think he wants $100k, and last time i looked, looked like he took a few of the unobtainium goodies off like that magnesium steering damper i wanted, and a lot of the rest of the bike needs a full restore as far as polishing up nuts and bolts and shit.

Costin replica is also up for sale lately... its real pretty, but its definitely one of the lower budget ones. RD motor, regular ass forks, etc... there's a few Costins out there that could give a real GP bike a run for its money. he did a Doohan rep recently that was an exact replica of the NSR chassis, had a GP NSR500 front end on it, fairings exact copies, mag wheels, and a built RG motor with a Nova box and dry clutch. prolly 140whp and that's a money build and you can actually still use it and service the motor unlike a real GP bike.

There's a Cagiva 500 motor for sale if you want haha. Good luck with that.

18. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Wow gorgeous !

19. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Them little 2-strokes are a handful Garret :D

20. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Well aware miss those battles !