1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new torque wrench

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Feb 25, 2020.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I almost bought the Kobalt last year when i was looking, i wound up going with HF's Quinn unit...iirc, it had really good reviews and twice the amount of teeth of the Kobalt unit.... maybe not twice but more which makes it more accurate supposedly.

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Very true, but this still falls back to the "doing this for a living" argument. I can count on one hand the number of left hand threads I've come across in my lifetime, and I don't think any of them needed the accuracy of a torque wrench.

3. pittmeister

pittmeister Well-Known Member

True enough, I still have one bike that has left hand threads for the front axle and another bike that has them for the rear wheel nut.

I definitely haven't run across them on a Japanese bike before.

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The Snap -on digitals and click types are nice.

They both are high use and have been reliable.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The engine shop at Delta Airlines doesn't even bother with the settings on the wrench. They use a torque wrench calibrator every time they grab one. They dial in the setting based on the calibration gauge. They have those all over the place. Might be worth the money for the pros.

cav115 likes this.