1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica... wtf? Bagger Class?

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Feb 7, 2020.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good question. Interesting that both RSD and PM have entered. I have to think that Roland will be riding for himself.
    Outside of V&H not sure what the other teams have for talent or how they plan to attract some upper talent.

Manufacturing and retailing harley performance parts is way different than putting together a one off racing team etc.

We shall see.

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

14 teams?!?!?

wtf, thats more than the regular racing classes!

geez.. whatever, bring on the baggers if it means this much more exposure

eppy01f4i likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I envision an absolute yard sale through the corkscrew

wsmc42 and turbulence like this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it lol. When I saw that ginormous motorcycle with carbon bits I had to laugh. Yep, some light weight high speed bits should help :D

5. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I don't know what the rules state, but I'd bet this turns into 2 wheel nascar where the bikes moderately resemble the production model on the outside, but are essentially lowered MA Twins under the skin.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Fill panniers with confetti!!! :)

5axis likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Better not be something like a drag race down pit lane or a bunch of cones and fake chicanes. Let em rip! Full course no limits.

badmoon692008 and turbulence like this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No Belly Pans?

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Truer words have never been spoken.

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

See post 93 for the riders. I may have some insider contacts about who will be riding. I understand that V&H may be talking to Jamie James since he is familiar with their set up and given Scott Russell's experience with with HD, he is on the short list for a couple of teams. I also heard that Colin Edwards has been contacted, too.

ducnut likes this.
  11. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was brought up already but baggers in drag racing has exploded in the south with some crazy fast builds, it was only a matter of time before they hit the road track. I think its a cool idea.

12. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

A senior / vet class on baggers is a marketing gold mine. I can see guys like Jake Zemke being added to the fray, besides obvious choices like Eslick and DiSalvo. ‘Slick winning and pounding back like a Budweiser while doing a burnout would be a shot in the arm for sure will make for some good tv.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

shit, a russell, edwards, ‘slick podium would be badass!

stk0308 and ducnut like this.
  14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Still waiting to see what the rules package is going to be....

stk0308 likes this.
  15. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

All of the entry fees for this class will go towards funding an extra dump truck load of cement dust .

turbulence likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Any chance it could still happen?

intrcptrrdr likes this.
  17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Do they have enough kitty litter for the oil downs? :crackup:

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That race was kinda awesome though and looked fun as hell!

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Cool racing, some have a bit more lean angle available, some have better brakes / less weight, some have more HP / Torque or at least better HP / Wt. ratio. Track looked tight enough aero wasn't a factor.

If the track is clockwise, would you want the heavy stuff in the right saddle bag (assuming you are going to carry it onboard)? :D

20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Isn't that where the beer goes in those things?