1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he can run top 5 Rob

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Looks like Toni is working / testing his own bike? I hope they get him and Bobby on some Superbikes soon!

Good on Cam Peterson. He’s underrated for sure and hopefully he has his crashing days behind him.

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Team Hammer has an Instagram post with Dumas and Elias. Elias’ bike looks kinda stock-ish? Hard to tell from the angle. My guess is they’re starting the builds from scratch and weren’t given the old Yosh bikes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B86DlujnWfL/?igshid=ffzglxl7kn76

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

looks like pj is going racing on the doocati

[​IMG]

jd41, Ra.Ge. Raptor, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Very excited for PJ. And that’s a confirmed SBK package for this year right?

Anyone watching testing down under? Toprak killing it. Baustista 1.8 seconds down. Ruht roh. But the Honda is right there so far with Haslam who they said ran faster in day one of testing on the Honda than he did all last year at this round on the kawi so that bodes well for him as I remember him towards the sharper end of the stick in at least the beginning of those races last year.

6. Hoffman900

I believe it’s Toni’s personal bike and is a stock GSXR with some bolt ons and different body work. He had photos of his dad putting it together for him and Toni setting his own forks. He also thanked Honos, so it sounds like his personal sponsor got him out there this past weekend. Still got down to a 1:49.2. He also mentioned the bike was for sale.

Hammer said on their IG they’ll have bikes together soon. I’m sure they’re doing the best they can, but hopefully they can get those bikes up to speed with a lot less testing than everyone else. Hammer was hurting last year until they got help at the Laguna Seca round and hopefully they hired some Yosh guys. Still kind of a fall from grace moment for the Suzuki stuff though if Toni is having to test / train on his own bike while everyone else has been testing their race packages. Yosh would have had 3-5 tests in by now, but to be fair to Hammer, it seemed Suzuki delivered the news late.

Senna likes this.
  7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’m pulling for Westby this season. They seem like they’re in a good position to score some wins at least early in the season with the changes both Attack and especially Team Hammer have had to work through.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  8. Hoffman900

Same. Attack will be every bit as fast as the in-house team was, and maybe a little bit faster I think. I think Richard can do things now, with a bigger budget, than a more bureaucratic in-house program can.

Westby is still my favorite and they should be very strong this year. Also, they’ll be more aligned with the Factory Attack team this year, and they’ve been doing a ton of testing.

Talking to the teams last year, the big difference in separating the factory teams last year was how much testing they did. They had doubled their testing compared to the year prior. A big part of why Westby has stepped theirs up and Richard obviously understands the importance of it as well.

I just hope Hammer can come out swinging, and not be in a position where they’re just hoping for a 4th place. It’ll be a long year for Toni if that happens.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Senna likes this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

stk0308, Senna and turbulence like this.
  10. turbulence

masshole and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  11. grasshopper

LOL I like how Eslick is riding up on the tank. He's probably think man... we should have ridden back butt to butt... Never ride nut to butt

jd41 and turbulence like this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I wonder if theyll have the latest gen bike.

13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

P.j. on a duc

14. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Post #1464

turbulence likes this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Besides Johnny needing to bitch-slap you for that you buy an RV yet? :)

16. grasshopper

PJ doesn't look the least bit excited. He's thinking... Nobody has been able to make this pasta thing work. Give me back the R6

henry_carlson likes this.
  17. turbulence

well.. no one in the US....

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

ask Kyle Wyman what he thinks of his...

stk0308 likes this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So, is MA destined to failure now that Yosh is out and Yamaha went to Attack and all of the good rides are gone?
    We have Elias and Fong with good rides, Westby is looking better than ever, Kyle Wyman is set to be better than he was at the end of last year, PJ is going superbike on a Ducati, Josh Herrin is hooked up on a good ride. The 1000 Superstock guys can now get in the big show for super cheap, so we have Cam Peterson and Alex Dumas going there, It looks to me like there could be at least a half a dozen contenders for the podium.
    I think MA sucks as much as Mongo does at killing roadracing in America. I am looking forward to this season as I think there is going to be some great racing and some new faces on the podium.

Quicktoy, pscook, scottn and 2 others like this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Thinking optimistically here, I'm hopeful that the departure of factory Yamaha and Suzuki means that more Superbike teams will form like in BSB. I could see some teams thinking it doesn't make sense to try and take on two factory teams, but now that the playing field has leveled a bit, maybe we'll see more HSBK-like teams form and go at it.

turbulence likes this.