1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eddie Lawson Replica on Fleabay

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Feb 20, 2020.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I know those things are rare, and I'd really, REALLY like to have one, but Jeebus, those things must be made of virgin fairy poosey. Here's a link to the (admittedly, beautiful) bike. He has another one for ~ $35,000. I called and spoke to the seller yesterday, evidently he has had several of these. I just need to win the lottery or something.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Kawas...066313?hash=item26344aac89:g:jnMAAOSwUrFeSuZl

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I saw that bike on the Rare SportBikes site...I had no idea it was going for that much. Admittedly a cool bike, but the repro they came out with kind of killed the exclusivity of it for me . I know that you would know it's original, but to the ordinary schmoe it's a just a ZRX1200. I'd much rather spend the money on a Gamma or RC30/45, something truly unique. Hell, even an orginal Z1R.

K51000 and G 97 like this.
  3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Beautiful bike, but damn guy why all caps on your listing? That stuff grinds my gears.

Gino230 likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the ELRs werent exactly great riders... hence the ZRX revival. I couldnt care what others would mistake it for...lol. Its a vintage Kawi. Think Id rather have an S1 anyways

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Am I an asshole, because that thing doesn't do much for me?

Having said that, I am always on the lookout for an 80-82 KZ1000 for a keeper project. Just nothing molested. With drag bars. A skinny from tire. A fat backtire. Spoke wheels. Copious amounts of chrome. And a 4 into 2 exhaust.

K51000 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, it's totally unrelated to that. I'm not into those bikes either.

7. eggfooyoung

So why are we assholes?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is this the royal "we?"

9. eggfooyoung

No, its the American "us"!

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Technically a 1983 is not an ELR as Eddie left Kawasaki and they renamed it the Superbike Replica. It did receive some upgrades from Kawasaki’s booming GPz model line of bikes, so it is an upgrade for sure. This bike hit the market at the wrong time as technology was moving fast and Kawasaki’s own concurrently produced GPz and soon to be Ninja line buried it in sales.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: For that kind of money I agree. I got a GPz1100 at the time I could have gotten an ELR. An RC30/45 for the same price today, I would get the Honda’s over the ELR once again. I did have a chance to get a 1994 RC45 for $18,000 but got a 916 instead that I still have. Doh! I missed on that one. :D

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Maybe not assholes. Gay would be more accurate. :D

13. joec

joec brace yourself

KIMG3366.JPG fat slick on the rear. Skinny on the front.. Wheelie bar included.. Has motor. :) Make offer.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

He's got 3 of em listed,,and 2 old Katana's..

15. eggfooyoung

Better pics?

16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

The listing is for an ELRR - Eddie Lawson Replica Replica. The last picture in the listing may be a real thing Replica: plasmacote discs, smoothbore carbs, braced swing arm, etc.

The listed bike is basically a green KZ1000 J model, with a Kerker pipe, cut down seat and Z1R cowling.

17. joec

joec brace yourself

Lemme see if I get up into the loft this weekend.

18. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

It's me too. For that price? Da Fuk?

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

From what’s listed he got the bike from Terry Vance who drag raced it. It’s been fully restored using OEM parts etc. It’s a legitimate Superbike Replica for sure but it’s been completely restored etc. Where is the replica of a replica coming from?

I do get the feeling that this is just a listing being used in part to highlight or price drive the value or worth of these bikes, I don’t think he has a true intention of selling unless of course it’s at the absurd buy it now price. I think he trying to establish a perceived market value or price point that will in turn have an impact on other similar bikes that, what a coincidence, he’s in the business of.

20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

This guy has a few in this shop, near downtown Milwaukee I was at a few months ago looking around.
    I didn't take any pics of the Kawi's, they were not 'out of the crate quality'.

[​IMG]

I did take a picture of this Ariel (I think it's called)

[​IMG]

He has quite a few cool old bikes, with dust on them, and a yard dog yapping- watch dog.