1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilder vs Fury

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Joe Rogan + Wilder interview. If you're a boxing fan definitely a good one. :beer:

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Whose ready for the second one? Looking forward to it.

sill'r B sill'd and JBraun like this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

All in for this one. I haven't actually paid for a PPV in ages but I will for this one. The last fight was one of the most entertaining I have seen in years. I would normally be turned off by Fury's showboating/taunting antics, but just find them to be humorous. I've been listening to the press conferences on Fight Nation.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  4. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Lord please let Wilder get knocked out.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That seems like the least likely outcome to me. If Fury wins, it seems destined to be in a decision. Fury has been doing a lot of talk about changing up his tactics and going for the knockout this time, but I feel that is mostly just talk. He did switch out trainers just two months ago so perhaps he is serious about his change in tactics. At least it should keep Wilder guessing. Either way, it will be entertaining.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Love me some Wilder.

Right up until he starts talking in 3rd person.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  7. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Listened to Wilder's interview yesterday on Speak for Yourself and I couldn't wait for him to stop talking. Can definitely tell he's been hit in the head his whole life. Hell of a boxer though!!!!!

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I hope one of them bites the other guy's ear.

track wagon likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hadn't paid attention to heavyweights in many years when I stumbled on the first fight. And what an enjoyable surprise it was.
    I haven't looked forward to a fight as much as this one since the Mike Tyson days, it feels like.

DucatiBomber and jksoft like this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don’t know man, not like he’s an Ivy League grad. I think he drove a beer truck before he went pro. He doesn’t strike me as punchy, just a dude from rural Alabama who isn’t paid to be an orator.

I actually find him pretty thoughtful for a dude who punches people for a living.

Ringer likes this.
  12. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Rematches rarely live up to the hype. They both know what to expect now.

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing when I heard some of the pre-fight coverage. They actually sound pretty good, for professional boxers.

JBraun likes this.
  14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’m a big fan of both of these guys, but as a boxing purist, Fury is my guy. Nonetheless I’m worried for him.

He fought the perfect fight in the first one, minus two punches. Now he’s changed camps and bulked up. Says he has no faith in judges after the first fight (understandable) and wants to finish Wilder, who’s barely even been wobbled in his career.

I don’t get it. Only two people in the world thought he didn’t win the first fight so why change everything?

15. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I respect his hard drive for success, his thoughtfulness and his upbringing, I just think that when you are going to be on the interview tour repeatedly (knowingly) someone should be working with him on his speech and delivery. Guys a beast for sure.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Tyson v Holyfield
    Vargas v Mosely
    Ward v Gotti
    Holyfield v Bowe

The first fight was pretty boring until the late rounds. Wilder is a downright boring boxer most of the time. Very low output. Neither of them are very good technicians but to my eyes Fury had greater output although few got through Wilder's guard.

Of course, Wilder doesn't have to be a technician when he carries a fkn nuke with him.

I still say people who don't like Wilder for whatever reason need to watch or listen to the Rogan interview. He's nothing at all like his tv persona. Which he admits.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

People just can’t separate the character from the man. When you make your living fucking people up you do what you have to do to flip the switch. Most fighters have little in common with the guy who steps in the ring on fight night.

Disagree about Fury though. I think he’s the most technical heavyweight of all time. How a guy that big can move that way is still a mystery to me.

Steeltoe and jksoft like this.
  18. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Fury has had 2 tough fights in a row. I don't see this going more then 5 rounds with Wilder knocking Fury out. Like stated before, that nuke of a right just needs to land once. I can't think of a harder puncher in history.

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Wilder is a Bama guy, can’t go against a homie. Hope he brings the hella hammer sooner this time. About that hammer...

look up the ring science vid about him. Explains a lot.

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Like others have said this is the first time in a long time I’ve been Excited for a boxing match.
    One of the undercards has a fighter from Pittsburgh as well. Training at the Bronson House. Place is where me and every kid in my town would go to train, play football, basketball etc.
    Place is small and outdated since I was a kid but still getting the job done.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...-fury-ii-undercard-vegas/stories/202002160058

Ride safe,
    AAron

JBraun likes this.