1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

It’s a great optic . The only concern is it being a “tube” type dot.

After using holo type dots on my competition rifles I purchased a romeo 4 for my AR9 to use in PCC competitions.

I could never get used to it. It held up fine but I eventually switched to a holosun 510 because I just couldn’t acquire targets as quick with a tube type dot.

it’s all personal preference tho. Otherwise it’s a great optic .

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

+1 for the Holosun 510C.
    Smaller footprint than the Eotech, but identical reticles. Works really well on my MP5 clone.

3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I've read good things about them. I got a trijicon MRO for my last red dot and very happy with it. Saw they came out with a green version, if I could sell mine and not loose money I'd swap out for the green. I've used a lot of green reflex sights and prefer the green in most cases. But for the price the Romeo 4 seems like a solid choice. I think the Burris came out with a new sight that's pretty similar, but not sure when they are shipping them or the price but the latest burris stuff has been very good.

triplestrong likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

“...the latest burris stuff has been very good.”
    Because Steiner. :cool:

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’ve run a Burris on my full auto 17 for years and love it. Been playing with the new holosuns too. They are nice for the money. Although in daylight conditions my eye picks up the red reflex site faster. But if I run a laser in day time, my eye picks up the green dot far away faster. Weird.

6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Please post up about it if you get it. I've been looking at it as well. I've been thinking of a Sig P365 or 365XL and then came across the Hellcat. Seems like they are almost the same in every way.

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I will. My buddy got the P365 and it is a nice gun. I am just a springfield guy for whatever reason, so when he told me about the Hellcat and I started looking into it, I decided that it is a must have...:D

8. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I picked up a Hellcat shortly after they were released, I had looked previously at the 365. A lot of my decision was the 365 didn't feel natural in my hand, I was "searching" for a proper grip where with the Hellcat it just felt instinctive immediately. There is nothing wrong with the 365, it's just everyone has a feel they like and it didn't have it. So far I've been very happy with it, I've got north of 1000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions using a variety of ammo including 300 or so rounds of my preferred defensive ammo. Shoots well, quick recovery to target, like all smaller framed guns you do need to have a firm grip on it but that's normal.

wsmc42 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Have you put an optic on it or are you shooting it naked....the gun, not you. :eek:

10. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

No optics, I went for the non-OSP model.

11. assjuice cyrus

Thinking i might go the same route. Dont see a need for a optic on a carry gun. I dont know maybe im wrong.

DaveB likes this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

For all you tacticool guys, I just got one of these.
    upload_2020-2-21_15-43-8.png
    Not this exact one, but one like it. I got it at an auction and it is missing the grips and has a broken trigger return spring.
    Who can guess what it is and what the chambering is? I'll give you a hint, it is not a Smith and Wesson. I'll give you another hint, it was an accepted military weapon.
    Final hint, it was not produced by the country that issued it.

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Kind of looks like a schofield 44 russian

15. kenessex

It looks exactly like one, but it isn't. In fact, from the measurements it looks like I can get an S&W trigger return spring that will fit exactly.
    But, it isn't in 44 Russian or 44 Special or 44-40 or 44 anything.

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

455 Webley?

so many knockoffs, could be any of the oddballs, 10.4 or 11mm

17. kenessex

Looks like it. I have shortened up some 45 LC brass and it will chamber, but the rims are too thick for the action to close, so must be 455. This is part of a British contract to the Spanish maker Trocaola y Anzabal cie, in 1915 as they didn't have enough revolvers in 455 for their army. The gun is pretty rare as they only contracted for 15000 between 2 Spanish companies and cancelled the contract when domestic production caught up. Mine appears to be serial number 283 with 2 British proof marks. It doesn't have any finish left, but appears to be in pretty solid shape, excet for the one broken spring. I will replace the spring, make some grips and hopefully it will be a shooter.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I have a mint green dot MRO on a DD AR pistol. I may be interested in swapping for the red.

19. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

It's not in the budget just yet, but I think this is the next gun I buy. Was thinking the same about the optic on an EDC but then thought that even though the gun is optic-ready doesn't mean I have to put an optic on it. For $30, the option is there if I changed my mind.

20. assjuice cyrus