1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby toy haulers. Yay or nay

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Chris, how much do you want to spend? i have a 2016 Gulfstream Track & trail 17ft, that is getting too small since we are primarily going camping in now and very little to the track. i will cut you a deal.
    it's got everything electric (awning, jack) stereo with 3 speaker zones, etc. not exactly a baby hauler, but for me the best thing for races in the southeast.
    i've quieted down the AC, installed a water saver shower head and always winterized the water system. oh and it has e-tracks and 1 TRS plate installed.
    some small things to fix but the price would reflect that.

NemesisR6 and RRP like this.
  2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Cost isn't the biggest issue, Height is limited to my existing storage space garage door which is 9'-10" max.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

ok, same reason why mine isn't parked inside ;)

it's high. especially with the AC on top.

dobr24 likes this.
  4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking with the Wolf Pup and the like I could let air out of tires to back it in and get an inch or so and then refill them. Small price to pay for indoor storage.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If that didn’t work, you could fab up metal or wood discs, or possibly small wheels and swap them quickly.

I had my toy box jacked up and on stands with all 4 wheels off in less than 5 minutes with a $109 Harbor Freight 3 or 3.5 ton fast pump jack and a Milwaukee electric 1/2” impact. It would be quicker if you didn’t use stands.

6. nick_b_507

nick_b_507 Member

Mine is 20ft, so one step up in size. It's perfect for two people that like each other, two bikes and a dog. I looked at the smaller ones and there was too much compromise in them. Everything too small and too cramped.

Twin axles will tow a lot better than singles, although you will need to pay more on toll roads for it.

If your main concern is the bathroom, make sure you take the tank sizes into account as well as the size of the bathroom itself. You'll want to get an aftermarket shower head with lower flow to make showers use less water. I figure it takes about 5 gallons of water for me to take a shower and 10 for my lady friend.

Also, the bigger the truck you have the better. My trailer is marketed towards a 1/2 ton or big suv, but I use a 3/4 ton diesel to tow it. Total trailer weight works out to under half the truck towing capacity, but it is also completely uneventful towing at 70 mph.

7. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I’ve been eyeing the 17BLSE for a while now but I have yet to see one in person due to no stocking dealers in my area (STL).

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I went the cargo trailer that had two fold down beds and an ac unit. I made a leaf for the two beds so now i use a queen size blow up mattress. Added a small fridge and microwave. I use the track shower and toilets as most in the atlantic region have amenities. I may get a honda 3000 genny for tracks that dont have power.

I save alot more on diesel and tolls.

t11ravis likes this.
  9. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

You can find them used now...facebeebs has an Intech page with folks selling.

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:crackup:

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Honestly the shower is a waste of space even if the track was completely primative. You can buy portable showers that hold ~5 gallons of water or setup an exterior 1 in 5 mins with an onboard supply. Id much rather have a comfortable restroom you can use while still in your leathers. Most fabricators dont get it.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  12. nick_b_507

nick_b_507 Member

I disagree. Being able to take a quick but comfortable shower in the trailer is awesome. You also don't need a ginormous $100k 5th wheel to do so, nor do you need to use a bucket or whatever outside. However, some of the smaller trailer options have either extremely small water capacity or just not enough room in the bathroom.

There's no point in spending the $$$ for something that's too small to be usable.

JJJerry and Jon Wilkens like this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Shower in mine is tiny but doable. With the right fan-curtain vacuum effect figured out I take that any day over standing in line or breaking my neck on slippery tiles at Barber.

14. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

I agree... the first time I used mine was niiiice. No wait, and no worries about getting in there and showers being all cold...

15. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

You mean to tell me, I just scrolled thru this thread, and there are no pics posted? Sheesh!

16. 713

713 Well-Known Member

SAM_0114.JPG SAM_0113.JPG SAM_0113.JPG SAM_0112.JPG SAM_0115.JPG

Tifosi likes this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You looking for pics of dudes in showers? :Poke:

NTTAWWT

Repeater and 713 like this.
  18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2020-2-22_11-9-16.png

Repeater likes this.
  19. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

713, the interior of your rig looks exactly like mine. Did you have any issues mounting the pit-bull stands? My fresh water tank is directly underneath the floor there so I was hesitant to do any drilling. I ended up using a Baxley chock pushed up against a 2x4 to I fit between the cabinets and the bathroom wall just under the converter

20. 713

713 Well-Known Member

No issues with water tank. I did hit the center of the frame I-beam and had to adjust accordingly. Ended up with one extra hole which I plugged with a wooden dowel. Cut slits in the underliner to tighten it down. Put duct tape over that. It has been on there for over 2 years without an issue.

Lawdog78 likes this.