1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I haven’t spoken to Bryce, but did he post somewhere that he or Tuned Industries isn’t racing?

When Bryce and Tyler were on the same team he was going to college to get a Petroleum Engineer degree and he was getting good grades. I think he has less than two years left to get the degree.

I was talking last night to a racer dad with a son still running MA. We were talking about the top guys in the 600 class

SDK,
    Bryce Prince
    Jason Aguilar
    Ricky.....the fast guy from Mexico was on Hudson racing?

Not sure who else is running, but I’m thinking my kid might be able to run top 6-10 and he hasn’t been on a 600 since 2014. lolol

Fast 600 guys that aren’t in 600 class any longer
    Bobby Fong moved up to SBK
    PJ from Celtic is he running a 1000?
    Brandon Ort going to college
    Gilliam, if he comes back?
    Gillims teammate from Rickdiculous....Brett or Brad...really nice guy ran Moriwaki with Vesra backing a few years ago.
    JD Beach left a couple years ago
    Jake Lewis left a few years ago
    Garrett Gerloff left a couple years ago

Senna likes this.
  2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

The question I still have does Hammer have Superbikes ready?

Attack and Westby have been testing all winter. Celtic has even tested. Hope they get some seat time soon. I saw Toni was out on a GSXR1000 track day bike his dad was working on for him.

3. Boman Forklift

Call up John and ask him, this late in the preseason you know they do.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I’m not sure on Bryce and Tuned’s plans - I’m basing them not participating solely off their social media. Them and Hayden have all been quiet about MA so far.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

So you peaked my interest and I called Bryce and we caught up. You are right he is done racing. He had some options and decided to pass this year and focus on his career outside of racing.

I guess now my kid might be able to do top 5-10.

stk0308, Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That’s a bummer. Sucks to see the 600 class pretty much gutted vs. how competitive it was last year.

7. Boman Forklift

I agree, but in reality there are still a bunch of fast guys and who knows maybe some other young guns will step up out of the Junior Cup and the Twins class. I suspect it will still be some good racing.

I looked up his name, Richie Escalante not Ricky, and he is very fast. He and Bryce battled each other many times coming up over the years.
    SDK is very fast and on the factory Suzuki team now.
    Jason Aguilar is fast and this will help him step up to the next lever to get on the box in the fast 600 class.

Now I'm really curios who the other 600 racers will be?

stk0308 and Senna like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Good to see the kid making a sound life decision unlike many other racers currently and in the past who just rode on the coat tails of money why it was available to go racing but never had a backup plan to make a living.

Laz and Boman Forklift like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

I agree, and this will sound funny, but I told him I know you aren't my son, but I'm very proud of you for making that decision. He already bought a house last year and has been with his girlfriend since at least 2012 when we raced together. He runs a parts department at a local dealership and builds bikes and engines as a side business. Plus if you know Bryce, he is the one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. His mom and my wife and I have talked about how our two sons remind us of the other kid....no doubt Bryce was more successful at racing.

This maybe the racer dad in me talking.....however I always try to look at these things objectively. I think Tyler could have done as well as Bryce did, they swapped wins club racing a few times, but Bryce was much more experienced and usually faster. At that time, Tyler was much faster than Jason Aguilar and Jason also won the 600 slow class (SS I think it was called then) a year or two after Bryce won it....so in my dreams it was possible.!!!!!! :crackup:

Pitmom42 likes this.
  11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hondas may climb hills like a Matchless, but they suck at production-based racing.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

MachineR1 and pscook like this.
  14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Naaah. Grab 4 more world championships then try to grab another somewhere else :D

edit. Plus isn’t there a 2 million a year bonus for every championship added to a Honda riders salary?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

turbulence and Quicktoy like this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

My guess is he’s going to beat Rossi’s record, then try and win with another manufacturer and then call it a day.

Boman Forklift and Quicktoy like this.
  17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Hey. That’s what I was saying too without using Rossi’s name as I love Rossi also lol.

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I thought I read that he salary increase around $1m every time he wins a championship and that that may cause issues for Honda.

Edit: It indead is €2m bump per championship, not $1m.

https://motomatters.com/opinion/2019/09/25/marc_marquez_ever_increasing_salary_a.html

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I think Honder realizes that it's a safe risk as the value to them as a company is more than the salary increase for Marc.

I do think this is the boring choice though. Not that I want Marc to fail, but I would rather see a real dogfight with several riders in the mix down to the last race than to just see him dominate on the Honda for four more years.

Phl218 likes this.