1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here have the real Aprilia RSR 125 GP?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by grendels_arm, Feb 17, 2020.

1. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

Years ago there were one or two of these for sale on the USGPRU forum. Just curious if any of these are around.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've never heard of one in the western USA.

3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Yes, but not for sale.

boxcrash likes this.
  4. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

I bought the one that was on the east coast. I played with it for a few years and then sold it to a friend of Valentino Rossi! It has been restored to it's original specification and is living in Italy now.

boxcrash, Heisenberg and motion like this.
  5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Not sure of the spelling , Spiros? had 1 or maybe 2 that Iso was riding along with Jake Lewis way back in the day.

6. A. Barrister

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

There’s one in Melbourne, FL

8. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Clay had one and PJ as well for a bit . There was 4 or 5 of em back in the USGPRU days 05-09

9. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

11. A. Barrister

I would imagine a few reasons. 1) you want the buyer to make the first offer, hoping it is way above what you were hoping to get. If you list a price, you won't get any more. 2) you want to keep negotiations private and not reveal the final selling price. 3) If you have to ask... :D There may be others.

But, on some of the facetube groups sales pages, if you are selling something, a requirement is to put a price. Cuts down on needless conversation, and is better for true hobbyist/enthusiasts as opposed to speculators.

12. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

currency fluctuations?....

13. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

There are always lots of different reasons why owners don't post prices. My experience with the Aprilia I owned is that these bikes were designed to be run by a team with a computer guy doing the electronics. If the bike doesn't have the lap top with the programming, it is worth a lot less than one that has the maps. They are no longer available from Aprilia. Another thing is that most bikes were owned by teams /people who could afford updates. So if there is no record of the updates you really don't know what you have. Lastly, when a new Honda RS125 was around $12,000, the GP level Aprilia was $75,000+. So is an old one worth the same as a Honda or way more? How does one figure out a price for something that could be a complete mystery like the one I owned??

14. A. Barrister

I'd take half that 75k for my 125 right now! :D And no computers to worry about, just pneumatic rave valves. (well, other than the resistor plug to set the timing curve)

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

You can get an RSW/A250 for under $75k right now. That's not a plausible price for a 125 even in the ballpatk. Things do seem to keep on climbing tho so who knows in a few years. While beautifully done and with carbon wheels... somebody just posted an 06' TZ250 with stock forks and brakes and steel exhausts for $40k. We need another global recession.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I thought the RSW250s were more like $50K? My info might be a bit outdated. Not too long ago, you could pick up 3 & 4 cylinder GP500 bikes for $50K!

17. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

De donde?

18. Sweatypants

not any more man. people are all losing their minds. there was that beautiful silver/red/carbon one that went for like $45k like 4-5 years ago. the most recent i saw was a dude on one of my FB groups from Italy or France or some shit. his was listed for like $74k and it was gone in a week.

GP 500's no way man. that one white Harris YZR500 is still floating around i think that i tried to get the magnesium works damper off of once. i think he wants like $125k. and not too long ago I saw somebody selling Luca Cadalora's YZR500 for like $175k.

best thing recently i've seen is this guy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kalex-Mo...625642?hash=item3fdbdce1aa:g:rz8AAOSwyzleST-y

that's like top tier team level on that one... none of that swapping forks and dashes and shit off before selling it. that's a really dope deal actually.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Yam...age/333523266458?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

unless you just HAVE to have one... i dunno why you'd buy that over the Kalex above honestly... 2T or not. that's a retarded price.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  19. A. Barrister

I wonder what someone would offer for this. Not that I'm selling or anything. Sorry for the crappy pic.

IMG_20190718_022830088.jpg

Raging inferno and motion like this.
  20. Sweatypants

motion likes this.