1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praying for Ryan Newman

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Feb 17, 2020.

1. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Serious condition, but not life threatening is update on FS1 right now. GREAT NEWS

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Serious but non life threatening. Lucky boy.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard, serious but non life threatening yet?

rice r0cket and MGM like this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Very very good news, hopefully the injuries aren't to bad, the car didn't enter the cockpit all the way but you never know about shrapnel etc

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Amazing.

6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I hope these latest reports are true. Prayers for Ryan to pull through this and for his family. Where that car t boned him looked very scary. Looked like his bumper hit about the window opening of Newman's car as is was upside down. You can imagine the force and energy at those speeds.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

From the video: Fuel spewing everywhere, open flames, slow responding crew (totally understandable why) , miracle that it wasn't a 20 story fire ball.

Prayers for Newman.

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The car was upside down in the air when the other car struck it and sent it higher in the air.
    D.E. Jr's podcast with Joe Rogan is a must. Eye opening to say the least.

SteveThompson likes this.
  10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

ESPN is saying “non-life threatening”.

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That was a wild ride of emotions as I was rooting for Newman and thought he was going to get the win, then we had that sinking feeling thinking he might have just been killed. I was in the same boat madly hitting refresh for any news then watching the Nascar press conference with the good news.

Roll cage looked compromised, then the nearby flames. Every impact seemed to be right to that same area around the drivers compartment.

Props to all of the safety improvements that have been made over the years.

R1Racer99 and 23103a like this.
  12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think things are pretty bad for him. The wording of the press release was very generic. While the injuries are "non-life threatening", that doesn't rule out very severe injuries that will take some time to heal completely, if at all. Hoping I am wrong.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Just damn... 4 days ago he posted this to the facetoobs.

[​IMG]

14. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I was watching at Mom's house when it happened. Bad crash, but I like reports of non-life threatening. :clap:

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Have to admit that while wishing for the best, I really didn't think that second impact was survivable. Hopefully the injuries are just physical regardless of the extent.

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's no longer necessary to race every race to be in contention for the current "championship" format. I think that every driver oughta start and park at Talladega. Or, at best, line up in a straight line a couple of hundred yards long and parade around the track for 499 miles, then, I suppose racers gotta race.

These plate races are stoopid, though. Boring as hell until they aren't, then they wad up a couple of million dollars worth of cars in a huge pileup and kill or maim someone's dad.

tl1098 and badmoon692008 like this.
  17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Yeah they force 40
    Or so cars to inches apart at 170+ mph. I mean, it had to appeal to the masses but there’s a cost when it goes wrong.

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Not fuel. Differential fluid

David-imoddavid likes this.
  19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That’s what I thought. I told my wife that’s not gas but don’t know what it is.

20. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I was wondering about that. The only fuel that should be up there is whatever is left in the fuel line but I wasn't sure what else would be flammable like that.